EPISODE 4

I have been so busy this past few weeks because my twin sister and I had some things to attend too . Any little break I get, I used it to take some rest. So sorry for the late update , kindly bear with me till everything comes back to normal and thanks for your love, patient and support . I don't take them for granted ❤️💜🙏

Enjoy and happy weekend 🥰

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 4

" Mom! Are you okay?" I heard Kayden's voice.

My eyes widened in shock as I heard his footsteps.

I didn't close the door.

I couldn't stand up because I was not in control of my body again. I was trembling vigorously. I was having a tremor all over my body as they shook involuntary.  I closed my eyes as I try to take control of my body but I couldn't as tear spilled down my eyes like a stream.

Please!

I beg my body to stop because I could hear Kayden's footsteps getting nearer. He can't see me like this. I don't want him to see me like this. He's still a baby. I can't imagine the horror on his face if he sees me like this.

He would know I'm not okay.  I don't want to erase the perfect mom he thinks he had in his head. 

My head suddenly shoot up immediately after I heard Kayden's hand on the door handle. 

"Mommy, Are you in there?"

One

Two

Three

I closed my eyes as I count trying to take control of my body before Kayden enters. As he opened the door, I ran into the bathroom with the  little strength in me and quickly lock it.

I slide down the door because I couldn't get a hold of myself.  I was shaking vigorously.

I needed to do something to get back in control of my body. 

" Mum! Are you okay? Are you in there?" I heard Kayden's voice as he slowly enters.

I covered my mouth to muffle my cries as I weep.

Kayden knocks on the bathroom door this time his voice was laced with fear and concern because I haven't given him a reply. I wish to reply to him but knowing how intelligent he is, he would quickly detect I am not alright by my voice.

" Mom, are you okay? Please answer me. I am getting scared " He says as he keeps knocking on the door.

" Mom, please open the door. I just want to know if you are okay.  I heard your scream while I was sleeping. Mom, are you okay " He says banging the door.

I crawled towards the water closet as I place my hand against the wall, using it as a support to sit on the toilet seat. I quickly grabbed a new razor blade from the pack which was on the flush tank and tore it open despite how my hands are shaking.

I lift my left sleeve. Then my right as I pick up the blade with my right hand.  My hands were shaking as I brought down the blade on my left wrist. I press the corner into my skin above my veins and move horizontally. Blood starts to appear in circles moving across the line and my body begins to calm down as I watch my blood slide down my wrist onto the floor as the blade drops from my hand. 

I closed my eyes resting my head on the flush tank as my body slowly comes back to normal.

" Mom, please open the door" Kayden's cries of fear brought me back to reality as he vigorously pull and turn the door handle almost snapping it off.