EPISODE 14

SCARS TO HEAL

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 14

AMYRA POV

" I'm coming " I shouted walking faster to the door. I grasped the doorknob and pull it open. 

" I'm sorry for not closing the... " The rest of my words hang in my throat as I came face to face with him. The sultry, sweet of his natural cologne lingered in the air and I couldn't help but inhale his deep scent as it coaxed my nostrils.  He wasn't wearing the same clothes from earlier which represent office wear but had completely changed into a white T-shirt that gripped his body tightly to reveal the roped muscles of his bulging shoulder, complimenting his toned skin.

The black joggers fitted around him, low on his lean hips and muscular, outlining his lean torso and narrow hips printed with bulging veins that traveled his muscular pair of hands.

God! This boy is just too handsome for his good.

How old is he again?

He could pass for a model.

I could feel the tension between us as we stare at each other for some minutes.

My mouth hang open as I check him out but was quick to shut it before he noticed as I straightened myself up.

What's he doing here again?

Why did he come back?

" I'm sorry for coming back... He trailed off.  A sad expression was plastered on his face as he avoid my eye contact. "I forgot my phone, can you please help me pick it up ?"

Mum, you can't keep pushing everyone away from you because you don't trust them. You don't have a problem trusting other people, you have a problem trusting your judgment of people. I know trust is earned but how do you let them earn it if you don't give them the benefit of doubt?

I remembered Kayden's word.

Have I judged Sugar too soon?

What if he meant no harm to me?

Can I trust him?

A person with no identity?

" Come in " The word escape my mouth before I realized it.

He jerked his head up in shock. "Ehn!".  I guess he wasn't expecting that from me.

Gosh! Do I have to repeat myself? This is hard than I thought.

I breathe out. "Please come in while I go upstairs to bring you your phone," I said and open the door widely for him.

" I'm sorry Miss Amyra but I can't . I needed to go somewhere. I will wait outside".

" Okay then, " I said defeatedly. " I'm coming".

I head back inside and close the door. "Who's it, mum ?" Kayden asks as I walk past him. He was almost done with his food.

" Sugar," I said as I ascend the stairs ignoring the shock plastered on his face at the mention of his name. My eyes landed on his phone which was laying on the three-seater immediately after I got upstairs. I wondered how I didn't notice it all this while.  I walked towards it and pick it up. I turn around and walk back downstairs but stop when I passed by the round mirror mounted on the wall in the living room.

I checked myself out in the mirror as I combed my hair with my finger desperately.

Does he think am now ugly?

Do I look beautiful without makeup?

Can he see through my facade?

I shake my head. I don't think he can.  I look completely normal on the outside. I tried to console myself with the words.