Chapter: 3

Chapter 3:

She hoped off her bed like it was natural. Her short legs began making their way towards the nearest mirror, as she struggled to get on the tall chair. She finally climbed up as her small hands touched her reflection.

Long white hair which touched her back and beautiful blue eyes like a sapphire, and an extremely beautiful and doll-like face, she looked at her own reflection dazed.

"I look too pretty", she remarked about herself.

"Ah miss, are you awake?" a maid came in and asked. "Ah yes", Rebecca answered back and got dressed before leaving for breakfast with her family.

On her now short legs, she strode onwards as her white hair trailed behind her like a cape. As she walked through the corridor towards the dining hall, her family came into view.

At the apex of the table was her father, with white hair and quite handsome appearance he sat at the table with some dignity. On his right was his wife, brown haired and blue eyes, she was beautiful and had a rounder belly.

Rebecca greeted them and sat at the left of the table, still struggling to climb up. She inwardly cursed her small stature. Her parents looked at her attempt to climb her seat, cute, they thought as they let her struggle for a bit. They knew all too well the pride of this incredibly small and cute bundle of joy would never ask for help.

Finally, after a bit of a struggle she faced the back of the seat, and turned her body towards the table where a smaller portion of food was kept on a slightly fancier plate. She looked at her parents, and gave a clumsy nod at them, knowing that they were probably thinking how cute their daughter was.

Thus, the whole family began eating their breakfast.

***

"Ele..."

"Elean..."

"ELEANOR VON RUSSEL!"

Rebecca was suddenly taken aback by the shout, "Yes, mother." She answered back.

"Is something bothering you? Is the food not to your liking?" her mother asked Eleanor. "No, it's very well made." Eleanor without missing a beat answered back.

The reason it took her this long to respond was because she still thought of herself as 'Rebecca'. It was hard and awkward getting used to an entirely different name than the one which you have used for 30 years.

Her mother looked a bit concerned but she her face changed from concern to a small smirk.

"Are you perhaps excited about your younger sibling?"

With a nod, Eleanor's mother had a bright smile on her face and her father also had a small smile on his face.

A beautiful growing family, there was nothing more Eleanor could've wished for more. If there was one thing which she thought she wanted to change was her family's origins.

The Russel family used to be known for their swordsmanship in the kingdom, the family of heroes. The Russel family was known for having a 'divine' body and innate talent for swords. But as the generations passed, the Russel family today was just a dying noble family as the swordsmanship talent had been lost for almost a century. The Russel family used to be an earl's family but now it was just a baron's family.

The talent of swordsmanship had been lost because of some circumstances, but the divine body still remained. Although Eleanor could fill in the lost talent of her family, she had no reason to do so. Their family was now a family which managed small businesses and owned quite a bit of land. So, there was no need to go back to her talents.