Chapter: 13

Chapter: 13

"Do you know what a sword master is?"

.

.

.

Alex was confused, he was confused. The atmosphere was much too heavy for such a simple question.

"Isn't a sword master someone who is very strong?" He answered in a bit of confusion.

The training room was silent.

"Is that all?"

"W-well, someone who has mastered the sword must be a sword master, right?" Alex answered Eleanor's question once more.

"Let me re-phrase the question then, why do you think a sword master is strong?" Eleanor asked after thinking for a bit.

"Aura!" Alex answered energetically as if he knew he got the answer right.

"Well, you are not wrong", Alex's eyes lit up, he knew he was correct!

"But, you're not right either..." Alex seemed dismayed, he thought he had answered perfectly; at least he was sure that his answer was correct.

"So, tell me once again. What is 'Aura' then? If you think it makes a sword master strong, then it must be something incredible, right?"

Alex fell silent. He had once heard stories from his mother about the knight who slayed a wyrm using a sword made of aura. He used to listen to his father's stories about this land, how the hero made a crater using his aura. But, when asked what 'Aura' was, he fell silent.

"Hmmm? It seems you do not know...Do you want a hint?" Eleanor asked after some time passed and no answers came from Alex.

His face also seemed to contort in strange ways as if to show his confusion. He was cute. Upon hearing the question, Alex furiously nodded his head.

"Well, rather than a hint, I'll teach you everything from now on ok brother? So listen carefully." Eleanor said looking at Alex's eyes which seemed to be burning with learning passion.

"A long time ago, before there were monsters, there were no superhuman. So humans were just regular, they could only do so much, after an event which now has been lost to time, some mutations occurred in humans, you know what they could be?"

"Mana, and aura processing?"

"No, the first mutation to occur was a small node in their brain called the thalloid nexus, it was a node which allowed for humans to realize their will, through which they slowly forced their way through the natural growth limit. After which, due to this nexus, a new mutation began to occur, this one was rarer than the nexus, it was a mutation to the nexus itself. This mutation would only be realized by those who were at the peak of their paths, aura. Through rigorous training, this realization of will which started as a formless domination intimidation tactic, became a realize solid understanding of one's character, aura"

"So, aura is just a mutation in a mutation? Then, what about magic; and does that mean aura has a bigger history than magic?"

"Yes, and yes, however for you later question, the answer doesn't matter. It has been hundreds of thousands of year since this mutation occurred; historians used many techniques to find the reason, and most say it occurred because of the appearance of demons. And, now well everyone has the mutated nexus through selective breeding. Magic itself is also another mutation which occurred in the body through the creation of a new organ near the spleen, called the spell-weaver organ, this mutation was even rarer than the nexus"