Chapter: 5

Chapter 5: 

When Eleanor wore the necklace, she realized this necklace was a special object, a divine object to be precise.

If aura and mana were more of pure human abilities, divinity was much more special. There has been no scientific reason for this occurrence, but because of its spontaneous nature, it is seen as the power of god which lies in the human. Thus, only humans chosen by god can use divinity. Eleanor did not know if gods existed or not, but divinity was one of the few reasons priests use to preach their beliefs however crazy they seemed. It was also the reason they absolutely loathed alchemist, those who actively rejected the idea of god, or rather the idea of a benevolent being above mortals.

Divinity was rare, very rare, and most those people became religion heads when in possession of this rare power. It was a power thought to be given by god, after all.

Divine objects are objects which have been blessed by priest. These blessings can range from small scale enhancements like toughness for armor, or haste for boots to even the highest level like purification or regeneration. The enhancements are usually dependent on the skill level of the priest.

The necklace, if Eleanor was correct was most likely blessed by someone at least at the saint level. It radiated a pure divine energy as soon as she touched it. It did confuse her a bit that this necklace hid itself from her even though she was once a grandmaster, but she just chalked it up to an effect of the object itself, [Concealment], which she deduced as the object before contact never seemed to have any radiating energy. There seemed to be another enchantment too, but she couldn't figure it out yet.

The thought of a divine object hiding itself from her made her sweat a bit, but she once again put those thoughts behind her, now was not the time. She looked around for a mirror.

She looked at the mirror and nothing had changed, maybe she became a bit "transparent", as in hard to detect, however it was not to the level of being able to mask her presence perfectly. And it definitely didn't live up to the pure divine energy it had.

"Something is wrong, I definitely see a bit of concealment, but it's not enough; maybe I'm wrong?" Eleanor said out loud.

She thought to herself how one usually used these object, and usually they would be self-applying, so she was a bit stumped. Then she realized-

"A necklace? A pretty normal and bland looking one at that...maybe, it's something to be worn whenever, and it needs a special keyword to unlock?"

Eleanor was definitely on the right track with her new realization.

"Since it is a concealing necklace, maybe the word is just simple, [Conceal]..."

Nothing happened. She thought a bit more, maybe concealing was a secondary objective, and maybe the main objective of this object was something more. Eleanor thought of new enhancements the object to have, like [Regeneration], [Haste], [Immune], [Heal].

Out of ideas, she thought that without knowing the objective of the object it would be border line impossible to find the word.

She raised her energy once more, this time she was much more careful than when checking for her brother, because objects can have strong repulsion and can be easily damaged when foreign energy is used to examine them, as they do not have "adaptation".

Carefully she realized what the real objective of this necklace was, [Protection].

"[Protection]", she chanted, only for nothing to happen.

"I don't know why this isn't working", she inquired, "I'm sure, this is the real objective of this necklace so..."

Eleanor racked up her brain some more. Out of ideas again, she began listing of a few more things.