Chapter: 9

Chapter 9:

Slice!

The attack did not reach the man, rather something was blocking it. A protection spell which glowed a dark purple color was in between Elin and the man. The spell was just a bit further away from the man. The man laughed, he had expected this.

"Hahaha!!! Did you think that I wouldn't have had some sort of protection spell ready? I knew those buffoons couldn't be trusted to hide their own tracks! Hahahaha", the man laughed like a maniac.

The man was sweating bullets, but didn't seem to forget to put on his smug smile.

"Disgusting!" Elin cursed at him, but he was not done yet.

[Sword slash: type 14]

Truth blade

The sword after being drawn immediately followed its movement diagonally downwards, as a straight line was drawn in the air. The blade seemed to be able to cut through anything, as it made contact with the protection spell once again.

.

.

.

Shang!

A loud sound resounded in the cave. After the sound, there was a silence for a moment, but it didn't last long.

"ARRRRGH!" the cave was now filled with the magicians screams of pain.

The barrier was cleanly cut. In addition, the man's body chest was cut diagonally. It was not enough to kill him, but he was severely injured. He held his chest with his hand as he fell on his knee. He began taking big breadths again.

"You..." The man began to curse at Elin.

While the man was cursing, Elin's mind was somewhere else. Something was wrong. Elin knew this, something had gone terribly awry. He needed to kill the man immediately.

Elin looked at the man, intending to kill him. But, he was just a bit late. The man stopped cursing, and he began slowly standing back up. He removed his hand from his chest, he let out a small sigh, then began to chuckle.

"Hahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!" The cave was filled with the man's maniacal laughter.

Elin was just a bit late.

"Fuck!"

The man slowly put his hand under the hood, and touched his face. He slowly lifted his hood. He laughed again and again. He stood up, removing his palm from his face. An enormous amount of mana pushed Elin backwards before he could even make a move. Finally, his face could be seen.

The man looked horrendous; he had scars all over his head and face. His left eye had no eyelids, and his other eye had stiches around it to prevent it from closing. His hands seemed to have been burned. His physical appearance was weak, and skinny but, the dark mana emanating from him told a different story. The boxes around the cave cracked just from the added pressure of the mana.

"A 3 star? No. 4 star mage? A dark mage at that? Damn it! My day can't get worse." Elin cursed internally as he readied himself for the fight.

He wanted to attack, but the mana was pushing him away. Elin put his sword in front of him to block the dark mana as it pushed him harder. Elin was being pushed back. Regardless, Elin's current situation was both bad and good.

It was bad, because Elin did not manage to disrupt the summoning. However it was good because, the man was just wasting mana instead of actually fighting.