Chapter: 12

Chapter: 12:

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, young lady."

.

.

.

Eleanor was confused. The thug was not only not hurt by her attack, caught her punch like it was natural, and even caught Eleanor so she wouldn't be hurt when falling.

The thug made his way to the bed and put Eleanor down slowly, like handling a child. He moved away and got the chair, and put it down in front of the bed. Before sitting, he held the table up, trying to fix it.

Eleanor was stunned and embarrassed, but she stayed alarmed. Her identity was figured out by the thug, her brother might've been kidnapped, and the thug was surprisingly strong. She couldn't escape even if she tried.

She looked at the thug trying to fix the table; the thug scratched his head, and seemed to give up as he put his head down and sighed.

He stood up, walked over to the bed, and sat on the chair he had placed before.

"You should listen first before coming to a conclusion." His voice sounded in the room. He seemed a bit angry.

"...Well, I am listening now..." Elin said trying to plead ignorance.

The thug sighed again. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"In any case, don't make sporadic movements; you'll permanently ruin your body." The thug said with a concerned face; he raised his hand.

Eleanor was alarmed at the sudden movements, she tried to retort back but the thug caught her hand and handed him a potion.

The alchemy potion was a healing liquid made from science. It didn't have any extra properties; but since most people weren't mages, fighters, or priests, this type of potion was in very high demand. Most potions were cheap, only 5 silver. But the one in Elin's hand seemed quite expensive.

The bottle was made of glass, the size of a fist. The bottle was beautifully designed to perfectly fit in one's hand, with many intricate details etched in the glass. In the center of the etching, the word "Delight" was ingrained in beautiful calligraphy. The liquid inside was a deep crimson color. The opening of the glass bottle was sealed with a cork with wax on top.

Eleanor removed the wax, and tried to position her arms in a good position so that they wouldn't heal in a weird way. She still needed to hold a sword after all, so if it healed in an unsightly fashion it might ruin her future itself. Since both her arms were shattered, she seemed to have a hard time positioning them.

"Lay down, I'll help you", the thug spoke up.

Eleanor sent a glance at the man; she had many things to ask him. He wasn't fully trust-worthy yet. Eleanor saw the man; she was surprised; the man had a weird expression on his face. He seemed even guiltier. Looking at his face, Eleanor obliged and lay down on the bed. He didn't seem to be someone who would hurt her right now.

The man put his hand on Elin's forehead, and used his other hand to make sure Eleanor was healed. He seemed to release his energy into Eleanor through his hand. Eleanor did not feel the energy coursing through her and attempt to fix his body.

"It's as I had assumed, I have become weak...very weak." Eleanor thought to herself annoyed at her current level of strength.

She remembered the times when she fell off balance while training with Alex, the time she slipped while fighting the goblins, her general amateur fight with the dark mage and the demon. If it were Rebecca, she wouldn't even be grazed by them. She also remembered the anger and shame she had been feeling lately, these feelings were somewhat unfamiliar to her, she hadn't felt anger in so long, and shame even longer than that, but she seemed to be losing her temper more recently. This was a concern, something was off.