Chapter: 19

Chapter 19:

After returning from all the events, Eleanor was even happier than the day before. Last time she almost died while fighting a demon, now she almost died because of other complications, now she had a more set 'goal' in mind; mending her soul.

Before entering the mansion, Eleanor dug up a ditch somewhere off road just before entering the estate, and put her wig in the hole before filling it right up.

"I'll be back for you", she said.

Upon entering the estate she was immediately met with her brother who seemed to be ready to go to Brookshire, it was almost a bit too late after all. He was wearing the training outfit, and had a sword strapped to his hip; he looked like he was going off for war. He seemed to want to look ferocious, intimidating at least, but he just looked cute; like a moos.

"Sister!", he shouted as he ran towards Eleanor.

"Alex?"

"I-I was so worried? I thought something happened to you. Why were you so late?", Alex asked in a very agitated voice.

"Well, I met some nice people who were helping out in the town and well this and that happened and I lost the track of time..."

"P-Please never be so late again, I was so scared", Alex said who seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"Yes, yes, I'll make sure to be on time. I'll also not go to the town so often from today.", Eleanor said in a consoling manner, after all she wanted to take a break also, and most of her money concerns were more or less going to be solved eventually.

"R-Really?", Alex said shocked, he didn't think his pleas would work knowing how stubborn his sister could get.

"Yes, really. So, let's go inside. It's going to be dark soon."

"OK!", he shouted as he pulled on Eleanor's hand.

***

In the manor.

After eating dinner, Eleanor finished cleaning up, and went to the common room where Alex was reading some books on history, and literature. He didn't seem especially engrossed on them, in fact he would never read those books if not for Eleanor's insistence on him becoming a proper 'noble'.

"Sister? Why do you have smeared makeup on?"

"Oh I-"

In all the mess, it seemed Eleanor had forgotten about the makeup while she remembered the wig.

"Kuhum, yes, when the villagers met me they couldn't help but decorate my 'pretty' face, and well; on the way here, I seemed to have smeared them...how sad...I wanted to show them to you"

"Wow~~~", Alex seemed very happy for some reason.

"The blacksmith even made you a sword, look", Eleanor said as she showed Alex the basic long sword she had gotten from the dragon, trying to change the topic.

"WOW~~~ I'm going to train even harder tomorrow", he said excitedly.

"Yes, yes, don't push yourself too much OK!"

"OK!"

After talking for bit, the two of them went to bed.

***

The next morning, Eleanor woke up early and went to pick up the food which would be left in front of the manor.

There she met Elmyra, the owner of morning morsels, who seemed to be dropping the food off. Elmyra, who was just about to leave, gave a last look towards the manor just spotting Eleanor.