Chapter: 7

Chapter 7:

Eleanor hadn't kept much thought that she would be rejected. It was such a good deal after all, 3 gold right after accepting and 1 gold each month for the next 5 years. That would be 63 gold in 5 years, which is about 10 years' worth of income of a commoner house-hold. That was an unbelievably good deal, and it would get better. Eleanor had plans to increase the investments eventually as her own income grew and her plans progressed.

It was a great deal. It was almost too good to be true, almost...too good to be true; maybe...that was the reason.

She could also pay them money even though her current income wasn't great eventually as the requests which had been ignored were quite highly priced. So, with all the planning she was certain that things would be fine.

It was as she suspected, she read through the letter again.

"Oh...I see...It's almost too good to be true...Now, I'm somewhat concerned why the others even accepted this offer..." Eleanor racked her head over the reason the why the others accepted then, it hit her.

"They had nothing to lose; it was just a proposal after all..."

This confused Eleanor even more, "Then why did the inn reject her? Since this proposal is just a letter at the end of the day, why?" Eleanor foresaw a headache and fully read through the letter. She hadn't done it the first time because she was excited, but now she was fully in her right mind.

"Good offer...hard to reject...feels like a scam...prove your identity." Eleanor saw the reason of the rejection, she wanted to get mad but, she knew...she knew those reasons were valid.

The inn she had decided to support was somewhat of a big deal in the district after all. It was the very inn that was managing the trade of the district, so it made sense why they would be a bit more cautious.

"STILL!!! WHY REJECT? WHY NOT SEE THINGS THROUGH?!" Eleanor crumpled up the letter in her fit of rage. "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~"

Suddenly, she hurriedly lowered her voice remembering her brother, "Ugh, it's almost night time. I'll think about this tomorrow."

Eleanor threw the, now crumple up, rejection letter to the side. She grabbed the other letters from the shops which had accepted her offer. She wanted to read through them again, since she hadn't really read through them yet.

She had many reason for choosing the shops she had chosen. One of them was because the shop owners had considerable talent compared to their peers. She knew this because she had gathered the information she required a month ago stealthily. So, she also knew that although talented those shops were not progressing because of lack of funds. Those stores would've been extremely popular, if it hadn't been for the location.

"Shit!" Eleanor silently cursed as the reality of the situation rested on her shoulder.

But, now she had found them. She couldn't let these gems get away from her. In that sense, the inn didn't hold much priority. The inn didn't really lack funds, they made enough from the trade, but Eleanor still wanted to invest in them. Why? Because, she thought it would be a worthwhile investment.

***

The first letter she read was from the bakery, the morning morsels.

The letter was beautifully written. Apparently, the owner of the bakery was an educated woman from the capital who was very passionate about baking, but her skills were always overlooked. But, the late baron found her skills before anyone else and gave her a house with a shop attached to it, for her to come and stay over on his land almost 20 years ago.