Chapter: 17

Chapter 17:

Eleanor was silent.

.

.

.

It was dark. Eleanor truly felt how dark this damned place was. Maybe it was the mentality of Rebecca at the time, but this place was lonely and scary. It was of course Rebecca who had been here last time, and she had already lost herself at the time; so she didn't really feel...scared.

But, right now it was Eleanor. Eleanor had many things she wanted to do. She had to shoulder the responsibility of many people. There were so many loose ends. So much to lose, so much to do, so many-

Unknowingly warm tears seemed to well up in Eleanor's eyes. Eleanor's vision became muddled and blurry. But, she did not cry...she felt as if her tears were un-needed, unrequired, unfulfilling...

"P-Please just tell me this is some kind of joke...P-please just-"

Eleanor gritted her teeth; she bit her lips, she felt like she was bleeding.

Eleanor looked in front of her. Like before, all she could see was the darkness of the void. The abyss was so dark that Eleanor felt it was too bright. The silence was extremely loud.

Eleanor looked at the ground; well she lowered her head as she closed her eyes.

She had failed again; to live a good life, to protect everyone, to be stronger, to be better...she...had failed again.

.

.

.

Just moments prior she had just had broken the trust of the people she was supposed to be protecting, she was then unable to protect one of them from a disease she knew the cure for.

It was somehow a shittier life than her previous one.

"W-Why did you even bring up this topic...no why did you even say there was a cure when you knew..."

"...No...I'm leaving...I could be spending time with Violet instead of coming here..."

.

.

.

Those words lingered in her mind. Eleanor wished she could go back in time, and rephrase her words, be more confident in herself, be stronger in her beliefs...If she hadn't just stayed quiet...if she managed to give them some more hope...

Maybe, just maybe, she could've avoided that disastrous situation and she could have given hope to them...But once again, that maybe would only be left as a maybe...

She was dead.

.

.

.

Again.

.

.

.

Eleanor felt a certain sense of déjà vu.

"I-I just wanted to help..."

.

.

.

Eleanor looked around in the void. She didn't want to feel down again.

The void was the same as before. Eleanor felt as if she was drowning, yet she was floating.

Eleanor looked at her palm. As much as she wanted to forget all the memories she made in the last nine years...she just couldn't. Countless emotions rushed into her heart, but that was all...she couldn't do anything anymore. It felt like the end, a dead-end.