Chapter 5

Underneath the yellow bold street lights, we walked side by side. Well maybe we were about a meter away from each other. It was quiet and too quiet for me. Jiyong kept his hands in pockets and had on a red beanie and his hood up. Almost impossible to recognize him.

From the corner of my eye, I kept trying to see his face but it was all too well covered up.

Well this was awkward, only the sound of a distant ambulance seemed to fill up the dim alley.

Should I talk first? I cleared my throat.

"Ummmm.... So" I croaked out.

"Why do you live here?" We both said in unison.

He looked up at me and I could finally see his sparkling eyes and a nervous smile. It relaxed me for some reason, seeing his smile.

"You first" he said keeping his head down again.

"Well, I was going to get an apartment when I planned to come here but they were all too expensive for me right now... So I settled with this one." I scratched my head "It's not too bad! What about you?"

He gave a small quiet chuckle "I figured since I stayed at the studio so much, I needed to live there or at least you know...somewhere close." He put his hood down and took off his hat. His golden hair flashed brightly even in the dim light and I could smell the scent of his clean refreshing shampoo. Jiyong shook his head trying to smooth out his hair with his fingers and put the hat back on.

"It was actually yg sajangnim*s idea. He chose this area since it was close and he thought I wouldn't be seen as much here."

Ohh wow. But what were the odds having him live next to me?

"Yea, I like it here though. Even though it looks scary and like a dump, it's actually pretty safe. Mostly only grandmas and grandpas live here, and they're kind." He looked at me again with a bit more friendlier smile.

"Ahhh" I said understandingly.

--------------------

(*sajangnim- president Yang)

----------------

"I haven't been caught yet so I think I'm doing good."

We reached a small outside BBQ restaurant that looked so different than where I imagined Bigbang would eat. The place looked tiny with their little red plastic chairs and vinyl curtains hanging around it. Cute little christmas lights hung around the top and friendly writings on the curtains gave the place a really homey feel. It smelled like grilled meat and alcohol. There was only just an Ahjumma* and two old men sitting down and talking, just having a nice time together. It looked like somewhere that old friends could just sit down and bond with each other.

"Ah Ahjumma! Annyeonghasayo!" Jiyong smiled widely at the lady.

"Oh? Its been a while!" She smiled and waved then went back to work.

Jiyong turned to me and gestured to the place, "Before we debuted, we used to come here all the time."

"It looks really cozy" I said.

"Oh YA! You're already here?" I heard a deep voice behind me.

I spun around to find two tall guys both fit and gorgeous. One guy had dark black hair that stuck out neatly from his khaki colored hat. He wore a light green jacket over a simple black shirt. His eyes looked beautifully deep and charismatic and his artistically crafted lips were curved up into a smile. The other guy was just as well handsome. He wore a black black hat over his slim face and his light brown hair waved out behind his neck. His eyes looked cute and his face handsomely structured.