Chapter 18

I turned around to the voice coming from down the hallway. Youngbae was lightly jogging towards me and then slowed down when he came close. He had on a black leather jacket/hoodie with dark jeans that made him look slim and cool. And over his head, of course a black and silver snapback with some sort of emblem on top.

       "Oh oppa, annyeong!" I smiled brightly. "Wait I thought you were busy today?"

      "Ah well after my schedule this morning, I came back here to practice choreography" Youngbae looked up at me as he fixed his hat.

       I simply nodded.

       "Yea, Jiyongie and I are going to Japan to begin promotions for GDYB next week so we're going to be really busy the next few days."

      Promotions...? If they're busy then I wouldn't be able to them very much. Youngbae looked sorry for some reason.

      "That's why..." He said quickly to try to keep my sadness away, "Um I have free time only today and I, um..." He stuttered as his words kept getting stuck. Youngbae took a deep breath and with a puppy dog face he finally let out what he wanted to say.

"Do you want to go shopping with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shopping" as he said was not the shopping I had in mind. We went to a type of large, and I mean LARGE flea market called Dongdaemun*.

---------------------

*Dongdaemun- GOOGLE IT.

---

To make sure he wouldn't be seen, Youngbae wrapped a large black scarf around his neck and it covered half his face. He wore large sunglasses and his hat made sure that his hair was covered. If anyone might have guessed, he looked like a robber of some sort.

      The market was really amazing. It was a jumbled mass of street food carts and stands, different shops of every single item imaginable from socks to cloth, from live seafood to fully cooked meals, and lines and lines of clothing. It was large and crowded but most of the people were friendly faced elderly folk. Now I knew why we came here.

      "Isn't this place fun? I haven't been here in a really long time." Youngbae muffled underneath his scarf.

     I giggled at his voice and nodded, "There's so many things I can buy! This is just...Amazing."

      There were just so many people walking in a stream with us, I felt like I was almost lost. When I started to go in the wrong direction, Youngbae took sudden hold of my hand.

I don't know why but it came as a shock to me when I felt his fingers lock with mine. "Oh oppa!" I jumped back.

He looked at me and behind his sunglasses, I could see that he looked embarrassed, almost hurt. Youngbae quickly released the grasp on my hand and looked down, "I-I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to get lost or anything."

I felt terrible. I had rejected him of what he only meant as a good intention. 

"A-Aniya oppa, I was just surprised because there's so many people here." Hoping to uplift his mood, I smiled and grabbed his arm playfully. 

"Come on, lets go!" I shouted into the crowd, tugging at his arm.

His worried face finally went away and his smiley spirit came back again.

We looked around happily, visiting so many different sorts of shops of brand name imitations and knockoffs to Bigbang socks and Bigbang blankets.

     "What?? I didn't even know we had this kind of stuff." Youngbae laughed cutely as he picked up a hat with his name and a cartoon picture of his face on it. I picked up another black hat next to it. It said in the front, Taeyang: "I need a girl", and in the back, "I'll be that girl" in English.