Chapter 16: On the Inside

The day had finally come, Ethan and the others were preparing to leave camp. They were grabbing their gear. Ethan was loading his gear up in his pockets and shirt when Rex came up to him. Rex sat down next to him.

"Hey, Buddy, What is it?" Ethan wondered.

Rex looked at him sadly as he growled lowly telling him that What was going to happen when he got off the island?

Ethan paused as he remembered what Ben said.

"Once, it comes to us leaving, he'll have to stay. We can't take him with us, so you guys should enjoy as much time as you can, before it's too late," He'd stated.

Remembering that, made Ethan sad. He had so much fun with his Dinos. The thought of leaving them made him sad. Ethan put on a fake smile as he turned to Rex.

"Rex, you're coming with me. I am not leaving this Island without you," Ethan reassured.

Rex smiled as he licked Ethan's face.

Ethan giggled as he finished packing his things and threw his backpack over his back.

Roxie and Dave were packing the Gear that Roxie and Brandon would need.

"You know, Dave, I think I like us, you know working together," Roxie mentioned.

"Yeah, we make a pretty good team," Dave agreed.

"What do you think is gonna happen when we stop working at that Animal Petting Zoo? We already put our Two Weeks Notice. Will we even still be together?" Roxie questioned.

"Hey, We will. We'll always be a team, Roxie, no matter where we go or what we do, we will always be a team," Dave informed.

Roxie smiled at him as she looked at his lips and instantly kissed him.

Dave blushed in happiness. He had been waiting for this moment his entire life,.. well, ever since he met her, anyway.

"Oops, I am so sorry. I just,... well, what you said, you said all those nice things and, it's just," Roxie tried to excuse.

Dave held a finger up to her lips as he put his arms around her neck and pulled her into another kiss.

But this time they both reciprocated.

Ethan went to check on Brandon's status.

"How's it going with your packing?" Ethan wondered with Rex by his side.

"All done," Brandon responded putting his backpack over his shoulder as they walked towards Roxie and Dave.

Leo ran to Ethan, barking.

Ethan stopped as he knelt down on one knee and cradled Leo's face.

"Yeah, I'm excited, too, bud," Ethan answered as he brushed his hand through Leo's fur.

Ethan got back up as he, Rex, Leo, and Brandon walked to Roxie and Dave.

"Ew, get a room," Brandon ordered finally seeing what they were doing.

"Please, don't. Some children still need to keep the little innocence they have left," Ethan begged.

"Um,.. you two, seriously, stop," Brandon commanded.

"Aren't we supposed to be doing the plan? Not smooching on the lips," Ethan asked.

"I don't think they can hear you, Man. They're practically making out," Brandon commented.

"Great, you two, Why don't I just kiss Rex and Brandon on the lips and the three of us can make out. That'll be fun," Ethan added sarcastically.

The Two still kissed.