Chapter 15: The Longest Night

Ethan and Leo still laid on Rex's head looking at the Stars. Brandon and Roxie had gone to help Dave make sure all the equipment they needed was together. Once they were done with that, they went to get some shuteye

"I really hope this plan doesn't fail," Ethan mentioned.

Leo gave him a bark telling him, He believed in him.

"I know you guys do, but I feel like- I feel like I'm making a mistake," Ethan explained.

Leo and Rex looked at him confused, they didn't get what he was worrying so much about.

"Never mind. You guys wouldn't understand," Ethan muttered. He slid down Rex's back and headed towards the others.

Leo barked in disagreement, he had been with his owner through thick and thin. He would understand, if his owner wasn't over-concerning himself with things, he shouldn't.

Leo slid down and followed after Ethan. Rex also followed after Ethan. Ethan laid down on the Sand and went to sleep as well. Rex looked at his friend in pity, he wanted to be there for him but it was as if Ethan thought he didn't understand him.

Rex stomped over to Ethan's side. Ethan noticed Rex standing over him and turned to him.

"What do you want?" Ethan wondered.

Rex gave him a sad look. Ethan's voice softened.

"Rex, What's wrong?" He asked.

Tears began to come down his scaly cheeks.

"Are you crying?" Ethan questioned.

Rex nuzzled him as he began to cry.

"You are like us, you're crying just like we do. I didn't think you dinos could, but I guess, I was wrong," Ethan said.

Rex moved away from Ethan and moved to a spot by himself. He continued to cry over there. Ethan was going to go to him but figured he needed his space.

So he laid back down and went back to sleep.

Leo also slept by himself, he was kind of mad at his owner at the moment. After a few hours of a silent, dry night, it began to rain.

The team still continued to sleep regardless that it was raining. But they wouldn't be for long.

The Hybrid which was still alive, since Kash and Daniel made sure it had Cell Regeneration so the only way it could die would be if it got eaten by a dinosaur which was impossible cause of how powerful it is.

It came out of the trees, and stalked them while they slept.

Suddenly, a loud thunder boomed, waking Ethan up. He sat up hearing the lightning as he freaked out.

The Hybrid saw him and was ready to put him out of his misery, this human had stolen his big meal and almost killed it.

Before realizing, it was just thunder, Ethan let out a sigh of relief.

"Stupid Lightning," Ethan muttered.

All of a sudden, a thing of drool fell on Ethan's shorts. Ethan froze and looked up to see, the Hybrid there looking down at him.

Ethan silently screamed as he quickly turned around and began backing away from it.

The Hybrid followed. Ethan backed up all the way to close to shore as he accidentally bumped into Rex's side.

Rex opened his eyes and turned his head to his side to see Ethan there.

"Buddy, don't move," Ethan ordered.