Chapter 8: Just Keep Moving

In the meantime, Rex was still trying to get Ethan, Yaz, and Kenji away from the stampede, as fast as, he could, but the dinosaurs came closer and closer, until they were right in the middle of the stampede.

 "Um, I think, this is a step back, we're closer to the stampede, than we were before!" Yaz mentioned plainly.

 "Well, Rex here, only runs 15 miles per hour, and he's been running for at least an hour, so he eventually is going to get tired," Ethan replied defensively.

 "Well, tell him to get untired!" Kenji demanded worried of what could happen if they could get away fast enough.

 "He can't just get 'untired', that is not how that works. Hey, buddy, Can you go a little faster?" Ethan asked politely.

 Rex nodded meaning he understood, and tried to run, as fast as, he could to save his new best friend.

 "Ethan, I don't think this is working!" Yaz warned sensibly.

 "Okay, um,... any ideas? I'm all out of ideas," Ethan said shrugging.

 "Um,.. no, We were looking to you for ideas!" Yaz answered indicating their dependence on him. 

"You've got to be kidding me, uh,... let me think,.. um,... we need to,... Wait! I have an idea!" Ethan announced as he got off Rex, and ran to the front of the herd of carnivores.

 "What is he doing?!" Kenji asked in slight panic.

 "He's leading the carnivores away from us," Yaz mumbled worried for Ethan's well being.

 Ethan led the carnivores away from the others, and back towards the caves.

 Rex put Kenji and Yaz down, and followed after Ethan to protect him.

 Ethan led them through the caves as they followed him, until he walked into a dead end.

 "Oh, shoot!" Ethan whispered running of quick coming ideas.

 The carnivores ran towards him ready to eat him.

 Rex ran through the stampede trying to hurry to save him.

 Ethan got down on his knees, and hugged his knees, prepared to get eaten by the dinosaurs.

 The Carnotaurus leading the way bent down ready to eat him.

 Suddenly, Rex jumped in front of Carnotaurus, and rammed it into the wall.

 Yaz, who followed after Rex, ran past the fight, and went to Ethan.

 "Ethan, You're okay! You aren't dead!" Yaz notified excitedly.

 "Oh, well, that's embarrassing, let's go!" Ethan ordered.

 Yaz grabbed Ethan's hand, and led him out of the danger.

 "We have to get to safety!" Yaz demanded in pants.

 "Rex, time to go!" Ethan commanded.

 While the Carnotaurus's head was stuck in the walls, Rex followed after them to safety.

 The three met up with Kenji who was worried sick about them all.

 "You guys, made it!!" Kenji cheered.

 "Yeah, we did, now we can, finally get some rest," Ethan said in relief.

 All of a sudden, a Ceratosaurus bit Yaz's jacket, and threw her onto the ground readying to eat her.