CHAPTER 03

CHAPTER 03: FROM BAD TO WORSE.

third person's POV.

trigger warning: suicide

...

Lilith waited patiently at the subway station for the train to arrive. As she glanced across the track, she noticed a little girl playing with her doll while her mother was talking on the phone. Memories of her own troubled relationship with her mother reappeared, leaving Lilith feeling uneasy.

The sound of the approaching train suprised her, and she suddenly had troubling thoughts in her head. For some reason, she felt an overwhelming urge to jump onto the tracks. Giving in to these strong thoughts, she took a step forward, getting ready to act on this dark urge.

But just in the nick of time, a stranger quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her back from the edge. The strong wind and the cold feeling from the train passing by made her shiver with fear.

"Are you okay?" the familiar guy who had crossed paths with Lilith a few days ago asked, concern etched on his face. Feeling his presence made Lilith think of someone she cared about a lot, bringing her a feeling of comfort.

Overwhelmed by emotions, tears streamed down Lilith's cheeks as he enveloped her in a warm hug...

...

Lilith mustered the courage to ask the guy his name. He kindly treated her a meal and accompanied her while she ate. Blushing like a strawberry, Lilith couldn't help but feel grateful for his kindness.

"My name is Kiel Cadmus," he replied. "Take care of yourself." With those parting words, he handed Lilith his water bottle before leaving.

After Cadmus disappeared from sight, Lilith noticed that he had accidentally left his phone behind. She glanced around, then decided to check his phone, which fortunately didn't have a passcode. With the intention of returning it, she tucked it safely into her purse.

Resting on a nearby bench, Lilith thought about what had just happened. Even though she had briefly thought about having a strong desire for death, she realized she was actually afraid of dying.

Lilith remained on the bench to rest. The traffic was still heavy, the cars hardly moved anymore, and there were a lot of police, ambulance vehicles, and helicopter that kept appearing

Suddenly, a police car unexpectedly pulled up in front of Lilith, causing her heart to race with adrenaline. Reacting swiftly, she stood up and attempted to escape, but because she rushed, she ended up tripping and hurting herself.

Groaning in pain, she found herself face-to-face with Mr. Oliver Dves, the investigator assigned to her family's case. He extended a hand to help her up, but Lilith forcefully pushed him away, determined to flee. She quickly ran into a narrow street to avoid getting caught, but a police officer chasing her caught up quickly. The officer held her arm firmly and put handcuffs on her. Lilith felt really frustrated and desperate as she fought against the officer, demanding to be let go.

"Para sa ikabubuti mo 'to, Lilith! Sumama ka na lang sa amin, pwede tayong mag-usap ng maayos! Bag-aalala ang tiyahin mo sa'yo!" Lilith stood frozen, her hands trembling.

"No, she's not. She only cares about our money! She's after my inheritance!" Lilith shouted, however, the officer didn't listen or pay attention to what she said.

Feeling defeated, Lilith decided to cooperate and went with them without resisting.

"Nag-iba 'yung itsura mo kumpara sa huling kita ko sa'yo, Lilith. Naging payat at maputla ka. Ano ba'ng mga ginagawa mo nitong mga nakaraang buwan?" Mr. Dves sighed and rubbed his forehead.