change

another year at hogwarts began. young girl was walking to the principal office not knowing what her duty will be.

as she stepped closer each step her heart was beating faster and faster.

dumbledore, the principal of hogwarts was sitting in his chair waiting for y/n to come. and she did, shortly.

"hello y/n." he said as you stood there, awkwardly.

"good evening professor. what do you need me for?" you kindly asked.

"please miss y/l/n, sit first." he said pointing to the sit opposite of him.

you walked to the chair, nervously waiting for the speech you will have with principal.

"it's the sixth year now and i've been waiting for this moment." he said as you looked confused. "i know your true self. your honesty, intelligence, empathy, leading self. i've been watching you for years, learning about you and thinking if you are the best for this task i'm about to give you."

"thank you for the kind words sir." you smiled with felling of dying inside as the anxiety filled your whole body.

"voldemort is coming back much stronger than ever. harry potter will be in danger and all other muggles around him." he sighed.

"i'm sorry but i am very confused at this point." you said nervously.

"i know you are child. i am going to explain everything to you know." he said giving you a little smile.

"voldemort wasn't always a bad person. he was a really nice and intelligent boy. when he found about the horcrux and living forever he got opssesed with it. he wanted it bad and no one noticed." he said as you watched him confused.

"i don't know what to say." you said.

"i know you don't. but now i will give you a task. i believe you are the only right person for this mission." he said giving you a small yellow thing.

"this is a time turner. it will give you the ability to travel to past when tom riddle was a student just like you." he said as you observed the object.

"you want me to, change him?" you said looking form the object to dumbledore.

"yes. in any way possible. i want you to show him love, kindest and empathy." he said as he sat down to his chair again.

"i'm not sure i am good enough for this." you said sitting back at your chair as well.

"you are. you are the most perfect person for this." he said as he continued. "you will be in your sixth year there, same as here. you will still be in revenclew as well." he smiled.

"can i go back in present again?" you asked.

"of course dear, but i think you will change your mind." he said.

"that's absurd. i will do this task and  immediately go back here." you smiled at yourself.

"well if you say so dear. now when you are ready do it." he said as you got up from the chair walking away.

"one more thing miss y/l/n." he says as you stopped.

"yes?" you asked turning your face to dumbledore.

"don't say anything to anyone. this should remain a secret." he smiled as you nod.

"goodbye sir." you smiled walking away.