Baby Pete: Part 1

Summary: Baby Peter is found on Tony's doorstep and he has no idea what to do, but the kid gets attached to the billionaire.

Tony:

I was working in the lab when J.A.R.V.I.S. announced that there was someone at the door. I sighed and then got up to answer it.

"Hello?" I said after opening the door. There was no one there. Confused, I look around. "Hello, who are you?" I say picking up a small basket with a baby inside. I look in trying not to stir the baby.

I bring the basket inside, set it on the couch, and carefully lift the small infant into my arms. There was nothing except a blanket and a small card which read:

'Hello, I am sorry for doing this. You don't even know who I am most likely. This is Peter, he's about a month old. He's sweet and loving and I can't bring myself to part with him, but my job is too dangerous for me to take care of a child and I don't want to put him in danger. Please take care of him, if you can't please give him to someone who can, he deserves the best life possible.'

I unconsciously started bouncing him as I read the note again and again. I felt bad for this mother who was forced to part with her child, her baby, just to keep him safe. I wanted to take care of this child but there was no way I could. I don't know the first thing about how to raise a baby!

I looked down at the bundle of blankets in my hands where there was the smallest, cutest baby. Slowly, Peter started waking up. He opened his doe brown eyes and looked up at me. He didn't cry or anything. It was as if he was studying me just as I would study a blueprint before building.

I sighed and pulled out my phone to text Rhodey.

Tony:
Hey I need help

Rhodey:
With what Tones?

Tony:
There was this baby left on my doorstep, I don't know what to do.

Rhodey:
Oh shit, really? What happened.

Tony:
I'll explain later. Just get over here.

Rhodey:
Alright, I'll be there in 20 minutes.

Tony:
Thanks, Rhodey you're the best.

Rhodey
I know, see you soon.

Well, that's that. All I had to do now was sit and wait for Rhodey to arrive. 

I didn't want this to get too long so it's gonna be split into parts like other one-shots here *cough* The endgame fix-it *cough*