Baby Pete - Part 2

Well, that's that. All I had to do now was sit and wait for Rhodey to arrive.

The kid decided it would be a great time to blink at me. Then, he looked around, probably for his mother. When he realized that he was with a stranger instead of his mother, his eyes began to water.

"Hey, Peter. I'm Tony," I cooed while bouncing him. "I am going to take care of you until I figure out what to do. Does that sound like a plan?" Peter giggled and grabbed a fistful of Tony's shirt. He took that as a yes and started walking around the living room with Peter in his arms.

Tony passed the time by showing Peter around the house, and he even introduced him to J.A.R.V.I.S. Needless to say, Peter was enamored by the disembodied voice.

The tiny baby babbled responses to J.A.R.V.I.S., who entertained him while Tony researched how to care for a child on google.

After what Tony swore were three years, Rhodey was on the doorstep of Stark Tower, ready to lend a helping hand.

"Okay, explain. Why do you have a child, Tony?" Rhodey asked, crossing his arms as he leaned back on the couch.

Tony explained everything and showed him the note.

Somewhere in the middle of the conversation, Peter fell asleep once again. The two men smiled at the tiny baby curled up in between them.

"Alright, if you really wanna raise the kid, you need to get the essentials. For example, he needs diapers, baby clothes and food, and a crib, to list the basics."

They made a list of baby essentials they needed and headed to the car when they ran into the first issue: they didn't have a car seat. Not knowing what to do, Tony sent Happy and Rhodey to get the things they needed, and he stayed back to watch Peter.

"You get the easy job! You get to watch that adorable human while we do the boring errands..." Rhodey said, pointing an accusatory finger at his best friend. Tony just grinned and shut the door. Usually, he'd have J.A.R.V.I.S. get the boy some clothing and stuff, but he didn't want it to be impersonal. Besides, he liked spending time with Peter. It was interesting because the billionaire seemed to like spending time in his lab more than interacting with people now that his playboy days are behind him.

Tony got some yogurt from the fridge as Peter sat watching baby shark on repeat. Tony had no idea how hard it would be to feed the child. He tried planes and trains, whatever he could think of, to get the small baby to open his mouth.

Peter, however, was having a wonderful time decorating Tony's shirt. Tony gave up right around the time Rhodes and Happy walked in with bags overflowing with baby care items.

Rhodes stared at his best friend unblinkingly before he burst out laughing while Tony just sat unamused with a babbling Peter in front of him.

Sorry for the wait! The third part will be out soon. Hopefully, it won't take as long!