𝐒𝐈𝐗

- BRIELLE

"i wanna see you g-"

"wanna tell me why you were flirting with chris sturniolo in his instagram comments yesterday?" delilah snatched my left airpod out of my ear and sat across from me at our lunch table. delilah was my oldest, and best friend. i told her everything and she always had words of wisdom for me.

"give me my airpod back," i said as i stuck my hand out. delilah handed my airpod back to me and i put both of them in my case. "and i wasn't flirting with him."

"i let his comment on your post slide. then i see another instance last night?" delilah looked at me knowingly. "i know how you flirt bri."

"clearly you don't because i wasn't flirting with him. i've been talking to him for what? 3 weeks?" i replied as i held up 3 fingers.

delilah shrugged. "it takes 5 seconds to flirt." i rolled my eyes.

"are you forgetting i have a boyfriend?" now delilah was rolling her eyes. 

she put her hands on the table and began to bang her head on it. when she finally stopped, she gave me a serious look. "your very shitty boyfriend?"

"stop. reece is an amazing boyfriend." her and i both knew that was a lie. he wasn't amazing, but he was a good boyfriend and i loved him. that was what mattered. right?

delilah stared at me and opened her mouth to respond. i knew she was going to say something negative, but she shut her mouth again and sighed. "i'm not even gonna go there with you right now. all i'm trying to say is if you end up with chris, i get matt." my mouth flew and i smirked.

"ohhhh. that's what this is about. someone has a little crush on matt sturniolo," i said in a sing-songed voice. delilah didn't even blush. she just smiled with a shrug.

"maybe. but if you think about it, imagine all the double da-" delilah was cut off by reece walking over to the table. he was standing on delilah's side and she rolled her eyes at the sight of him.

reece looked down at delilah and gave her a fake smile. "hey delilah." delilah didn't even look back up at him. the two have always hated each other. reece tries to fake it, but delilah isn't one to pretend. she has always hated reece. ever since he purposely stepped on her new white vans in the 7th grade, she hasn't been able to get over it. him being a bad boyfriend sometimes just added fuel to the fire.

"reece," delilah said before getting up. she looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. "anyway i have to go. i'll talk to you later. bye bri."

"bye d." i watched as delilah walked out of the cafeteria. reece sat across from me and smiled.

he grabbed my hands and rubbed his hands over them. "how are you?" reece looked up at me as he asked the question. his eyes were soft and genuine. i liked when he was like this. it was the reece i really loved.

"i'm okay," i replied as i smiled at our hands before looking back up at him. "how are you?"

"i'm good but i could be even better if you did me a favor?" reece looked at me with pleading eyes and i almost rolled mine. instead, i nodded my head. "my buddy ross told me you guys are starting a project in psych class. he really needs a good grade this semester so could you work with him? if he doesn't get a good grade he won't be allowed to attend workouts."

here we go again. we couldn't have a conversation without him asking me for something. i stared at reece to see if he was serious. he was. i really didn't want to work with ross. he was annoying and never did his part.

i removed my hands from reece's grasp and cracked my left-hand knuckles. "i'm already working with someone," i lied. i didn't have a partner and now i would have to find one in the next 2 periods.