Chapter 23

I drive for a couple hours, I think. I didn't know where to go or what to do. I just drove and drove but somehow ended up at the hospital again. I decide to walk in and see Theo again. Maybe talking to him will help him remember.

I walk to Theo's room.
"Hi." I say, noticing that he is staring.
"Hi, um, would you like to sit down?" He says pointing to the chair beside him.
"Yea, I need to talk to you." I say. I don't know exactly how or what I'm going to say.
"Why were you so upset when I didn't remember you?" He says, breaking the silence.
"Theo, I'm willing to tell you exactly what happened, if you agree to try and remember, okay?" I say, looking into his chocolate brown eyes.
"Okay." He replies.

"So you and I are, I mean we're dating. We were engaged. I was at your house, and my ex-boyfriend showed up. Well, I asked him to leave, over and over. He wouldn't and instead he pinned me against the wall and started to kiss me." I took a deep breath, and shiver. "You came down stairs and thought I was cheating. You yelled and I threw my ring at you. Apparently Ansel came over to your house and had a nice talk with you. You came over to Ansels, which was were I was staying, to apologize. I didn't except it, because I was hurt that you didn't trust me. You broke it off with me and left. But you never really got far. I heard a crash outside the door and I saw that you had been hit by a car. I mean you were in your car but yeah. Then I called 911. They didn't think that you would make it. But you did." I took a deep breath and waited for Theo's response.
"I'm sorry. This, you shouldn't have to deal with it." Theo looks at me.
"No one should have to. I'm so sorry. I wish I remembered." he continues.
"You know, I don't care that you don't remember me, because I remember you. I remember everything and I'm just happy your okay. Even if it means that you'll never love me again." I say.
"What happened to you? I mean you look like you were beat.. Did I do that?" he says pointing to my hands.
"No, you've never hit me. On my way here I was harassed by a cop, and he beat me. I figured my marks with be gone by now but they aren't." I explain.
"Oh." He says, that's all.
"Well I should go." I say. "Get better, for me okay?" I say.
"Always." he responds, and with that I walk out the door.

THEOS POV
Emily came to visit me today. At least I think that is what her name is. She told me what happened the day I was in the accident. I feel so bad for her. No one should have to deal with this. I know why I must have fallen in love with her. She is so beautiful. You don't get tired of looking at her. She is broken, but she is whole at the same time. She wants me to be okay, even if I don't love her. But I think, I think it would be a privilege to fall in love with her again.

~~TIME LAPSE~~
EMILYS POV
Theo is supposed to be getting out today. I haven't talked to him since the last time I was there. I'm driving to his house right now. Shai, Ansel, I are setting up a welcome home party for him. Even though it will just be Shai, Ansel and I there. I got the party supplies and the cake. Chocolate, his favorite. I bought him a few presents too. I got him a silver watch and a blue beanie. I also bought him blue vans and a silver chain necklace. Theo used to always tell me he liked silver so much more than gold. Gold had just looked fake to him.

After everything was set up we waited. We had gotten a little beer, cake, cheetos, music, and presents.
We hear the door open and we jump out and yell "surprise". Theo is startled then laughs.
"Welcome back." Ansel and Shai say. They hug him. I want to hug him so bad, oh so bad. I just cant. He must sense it because he looks at me and says, "you can hug me too if you want." I don't object. I walk over to him and hug him. I'm engulfed by the smell of him, and he squeezes me. I let go and take a step back, smiling at him.

After we eat cake we decide to play spin the bottle. Ansel goes first, it lands on Shai. I find it funny because Ansel is engaged. But he still kisses her anyway. Then it's Shai's turn, the bottle lands on Theo. He leans in and kisses her, slowly caressing her cheek. They keep kissing. I stand up and walk out the door. I sit on his steps. I hear the door open.
"Please just leave me alone Ansel." I say, expecting it to be Ansel.
"Good thing it isn't Ansel." the voice belongs to Theo.
"Sorry. I just needed to breathe." I say, picking at my nails.
"I know that's a lie. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." he says, looking straight ahead.
"It's fine. It's dumb to expect you not to kiss her like that. I mean, look at her." I say, Shai has always been better looking than me.
"Well, something spectacular happened." Theo says looking at me.
"What?" I say.
"I remember the first time I met you, I remember the photo shoot and you coming to my party and being jealous over Spencer, I remember you." He says, smiling like a goof.
"That's great!! You don't actually remember our dates, but maybe you will." I say, letting a small tear escape my eye. Theo wipes it away.
"Hey don't cry." He says.
"I'm sorry. It's just the thought of you not remembering me, or anything and then not being with you. It's just hard." I say looking at the star-lit sky.
"I know I get that. But, it would be a privilege to fall in love with you all over again." He says, smiling. Then I realize that he is still in love with me, deep down. Maybe we still have a chance.
"Let's go back in and finish the game." he says, standing up, reaching for my hand. I grab his and he intertwines our fingers. I smile at him and start walking back in.

"Did something happen between you two, while you were out there?" Ansel says, pointing to our intertwined hands.
"Well, I remember the first time I met her and when she came to the party, but that's about it." Theo says sitting back down. Its my turn to spin the bottle. I pray so hard that it lands on Theo, but instead it lands on Shai.
"Ohhhhhh, you guys have to." There are fits of giggles coming from the boys.
"C'mere." Shai says, I get up and walk over to her. Our lips met, I've never kissed another girl before now. It's not much different then kissing a dude. I'm pretty sure we were kissing for a while cause when I pull away, Theo and Ansels mouths are wide open.
"Close your mouths, your gonna catch flies." I say, walking back to my spot.

We get tired of the game, a little to soon.
"Let's play truth or dare!" I say, jumping up and down.
"Okay." they say.
"Okay, it'll go me, then Shai, Ansel and then Theo. okay?" I say.
"Yeah, let's play!" Shai says pumping her fist in the air.
"Um, Shai truth or dare?" I say. I have a great dare, well it's kinda dumb but yeah.
"Dare! I ain't no pansycake!" She yells.
"I dare you to put peanut butter on your stomach and let Ansel lick it off." I say. Theo starts laughing, and I try to suppress mine, but I cant.
"Fine." she says. She gets up and walks to the counter. She grabs the peanut butter and rubs a little in her stomach. She comes over to Ansel, and he licks it off. Theo and I are cracking up, I can't stop laughing. When the peanut butter is all gone, Shai just put her shirt back on without washing it off, such a gross child.
"Theo, truth or dare?" Shai asks.
"Truth." he says.
"Booo!" Ansel shouts, but Theo just shrugs his shoulders.
"What are your feelings for Emily?" Shai says, winking at me.
"Well, I think she is a wonderful person. She is so beautiful, you never get tired of looking at her. She makes my heart flutter. It would truly be a privilege to fall in love with her all over again." he says, smiling at me. I can't help but let a tiny tear escape my eye.

Next it's Ansels turn.
"Emily, truth or dare?" He asks me.
"Dare, who do you think I am???" I say, winking at him.
"I dare you to play 7 minutes in heaven, with Theo." He winks. I stand up and so does Theo. We walk to his room and shut the door. We know Shai and Ansel followed us.
"So, what do you, uh, we don't have to, if you don't want to." Theo says.
"Oh Theo just kiss me." I say. He obeys. His kiss is like air and I'm drowning. He is gasoline and I am a fire. I need him. He deepens the kiss, asking for an entrance. I allow him and our tongues battle. They move in perfect harmony. I lay on the bed. Theo gets on top of me and moves his lips from mine, to my cheek, and then to my neck. He is kissing it, and I already know there will be a mark. I wrap my arms around his neck, twisting my fingers in his hair. I hear him let out a slight sigh and slip my hands under his shirt. He moves his lips back to mine and we start moving in perfect harmony again. I just want, you know, and I don't know how to get there. If he doesn't remember than he doesn't know that we've done it already.
"Theo, we can, go further, if you want... We have before." I say between breaths.
"Okay." He says. not wasting anytime. He slips his hand under my shirt and pulls it over my head.
Then I pull his off, kissing his chest, and then, the door opens.
"Oh god, were we interrupting something??" Ansel says, laughing his head off. I start to put my shirt back on but Theo stops me.
"Here, you can wear mine. I don't need it because I think you like it better when I don't have on a shirt." I laugh and he puts the shirt back on me.

We walk back in the living room. It's time for Theo to open gifts. First he opens Shai's. She got him a shirt that says, "fear God alone" which is a saying that four, the character Theo plays, has on his wall. Ansel got Theo a pair of sunglasses and a book. Next it's time for him to open mine. He pulls out the beanie first, then the vans, then the sliver chain and watch. He looks at me and smiles.
"How'd you know I love blue and silver?" He asks.
"Well, we were engaged so, I just picked up a few things." I laugh.
"Oh yeah." he says.

Ansel and Shai leave an hour later. I was about to leave but Theo asked me to stay with him. I said yes of course. we sat on the couch and watched some movies. I laid down and rested my head on Theo. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head.
"I think I'm in love with you, Emily." he says.
"Oh Theo, I know I'm in love with you." I say in return. Then I drift to sleep.