Chapter 24

UKNOWN POV

"Just put this in his pox drink and then boom! Just .like that. You'll cause her all the pain you want"
I know Theo is at his house right now. I'll just sneak in and put this in his drink.

I drive to Theo's and park across the street. I walk to the back of his house and enter through the back door. I see him talking to someone, no, Emily. Theo gets up and grabs a coke. He puts it on the counter and walks back to the bathroom. I take the opportunity. I sneak in and put the blue liquid in his drink. I walk back to the door and wait.

Theo takes a big drink of it before he falls asleep, and just like that, my plan is in place.

EMILYS POV

I wake up alone.
"Theo! Theo!" I yell. I don't see him. I walk into his room. I feel like I take my last breath, Theo lies in the bed, not breathing, or moving. I walk over to him and see he has no pulse. I just stand there, I want to cry, but nothing comes. I call 911.

When they get here, they pronounce him, dead. The dreaded word that leaves a heavy feeling in my chest. They take him away, but I notice one particular nurse who looks just like, Ruth. No it couldn't be.

UNKNOWN POV

I am at Theo's, watching them take him away. All I have to do is get him. I tell the other paramedics that I've got it from here and they can go to the other less important emergencies and help out. They all head out. I take Theo back to his "new" home.

EMILYS POV

First I call Ansel, then Shai. Theo's parents passed away a few years before I met him, so I have to do the honor of planning his funeral. Ansel and Shai come over to help.

We are going to have it in one week. We aren't going to show his body, no one can see it, not even Ansel, Shai or I. I remember when I was younger, visiting my cousins funeral. It was horrible. I had to see his body, deprived of the life, the smile that once had burned brighter than the sun. I didn't want Theo to be like that.

We planned everything in one day, and also went to the funeral home to get it set up.

I know it's the same day as he passed away, but I want to get this over with so I can grief already.

TIME LAPSE
DAY OF FUNERAL

I slip on my black lace dress. My hands are shaking and tears stream down my face. I grab my notes and walk to my car.

I get in and drive to Theo's. I walk in and grab his black beanie he always wore, and slip it on my head.

I walk out the door and drive to the beach. I decided to have his funeral at the beach where we had our first date.

I walk to Shai and Ansel, who look like they haven't cried at all.
I sit down beside them.

The funeral was uneventful and made me want to cry but I held it back, until it was my turn to speak.

I walk to the podium, hands shaky and breaths short. I look around at everyone. The whole divergent cast was there, along with a few people I didn't even know.

"Theo, Theo was an amazing man with amazing plans. There are many things I could say about Theo, but I want to talk about his undying love. Not for me, but for everyone. He loved everyone, always tried to make them happy." my breath is shaky, and my face is salty from tears.

"Theo, always wanted me to be happy. When he was in the car accident, and didn't remember me, he was still there for me. The moments when I would ball my eyes out, he would be there. Theo, he hasn't died, he is still here with us, and he always will be." With that I walk to my seat, cheeks on fire, hair sticking to my wet cheeks.