Chapter 3

That afternoon, I was literally floating the rest of the day at work. Robin immediately noticed and was glad to know that her wing-woman-ness is still intact.

She was thinking she was losing her game because she can't seem to find her friend a girlfriend, but it turns out that it was a Steve problem, not a Robin problem.

It made me remember what made Eddie and I laugh in his van when she said that. It also reminded me what happened next...

Steve on the other hand, grunted and angrily muttered how on earth I managed to find someone as soon as I set foot in Hawkins.

After that rather steamy make out session with Eddie, I politely asked him to stop just there. It's not that I'm saving or something, I think I'm way past that. I just figured we can do it some other time, when one of us is not thinking about needing to rush back to work.

When we're maybe somewhere more private than a back of an establishment. Though being that sneaky isn't so bad...

Besides, I was avoiding the possibility of Eddie thinking that I am easy. Even though he doesn't give off that vibes, it was better to take precaution and delay the deed.

Eddie, well-mannered as he is, agreed. His answer was even sweet.

"It's okay. Don't worry. I respect a lady's boundaries and will not dare cross it."

To be honest, what he said made me want to do it then and there, which was funny. Nothing is hotter than a man who knows how to respect boundaries.

But I held back, and it felt like he held back too. I had to remind myself that what he did was not only a bare minimum, but also a rare minimum, and that regardless of how hot it was coming from him, I have to hold my ground.

Besides, a little waiting game is not that bad.

Right?

~

The rest of the weekdays passed by and it was finally Friday. I couldn't remove the smile from my face when I realized I will be seeing Eddie tonight.

"Daydreaming about your boyfriend, huh?" Steve huffed.

I shook my head. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Right. Because you look at friends with so much affection," he scoffs.

"It's called attraction, Steve," I remarked, "In case you missed that in school. Or maybe you did miss that since you can't seem to find yourself a girlfriend."

"Anyway," he rolled his eyes and turned to Robin who is busy putting on mascara. "There's Heidi tonight but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college. So, I'm like, do I really want to start another relationship that has no other point other than sex?"

"Hey, t'least you're going to get some." I commented.

"Shut up, this isn't something I wish to speak about with my sister."

I rolled my eyes. It's not like I am some virgin Mary and clearly, neither is he. But I agree. I wouldn't dare open up my sex life with him too.

"I mean I don't know," he sighs, "Does that make sense to you?"

Robin was still busy putting on her makeup, her neck stretching as she looks at her reflection on the rearview mirror.

"Robin! Are you listening?"

"Uh, yes," she muttered.

"What did I just say?"

"Something about...sex with Linda,"