Chapter 11

"Fuck, it's drenched," Eddie exhaled, holding out the walkie-talkie that took the dive with us.

My eyes widened in realization and fear. The walkie-talkie was not the only one that took a swim.

My Walkman.

"Shit," I muttered.

You can't save anyone, Blue. Not even yourself.

"Sweetheart," Eddie called, looking concerned at my sudden spacing out, "You okay?"

I'm not! I just witnessed how I could possibly end up and now I am even more scared because the only key to my probable survival is now drenched in water.

I nodded and faked a smile, which probably looked even more pathetic because I am dripping wet from our untimely swim.

"I'm fine."

He looks at me weird, not convinced with my answer but didn't ask again. He just took my word for it.

Eddie extended his hand, telling me to take it so I did. I followed Eddie to where he was walking and saw that we are headed to some sort of a ginormous rock.

"I don't know this part of Hawkins."

Steve is going to lose his shit when Max tells him that she can't reach us. He might even blame Dustin for not doing his job as the watch last night, even though the poor kid has no fault in here. Everybody was exhausted last night, and everybody needed the shut-eye.

"I know. It's Skull Rock."

"I think I've heard of it before."

Eddie snickered, "Sure you have. Your brother basically invented this place."

"Last I checked, my brother isn't exactly a sculptor."

"No," he chuckled, then patted the spot beside him. I walked to him and sat next to him, our shoulders touching. "I mean he made it a famous makeout spot."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, he did that. Back to the time when he claimed girls love him."

"How about you?"

"I don't mind swinging to that team if one tells me they like me. I think heterosexuality is overrated anyways, especially when everybody is beautiful."

"No, genius," he snickers, "How come I never heard of another Harrington before?"

I froze a little when I felt Eddie's hand on my back but relaxed under his touch almost as quickly as I have previously reacted. He was rubbing my back up and down, a small effort to warm me up even though he is equally drenched.

"I moved I think before I went to high school," I explained, "Left Hawkins to stay and get to know my mother. Not the best decision."

I wouldn't have met Julio then, my poor excuse of a stepfather, if he even deserves to be called that. And had I not met him, I wouldn't have gone through hell and back.

It made me feel even more bitter when I realized that had I not gone to Lenora, I would not have met Julio and gone through all of that, I probably wouldn't be one of Vecna's targets. Because the way I see it, he has been targeting the people with the not so brightest of pasts. Knowing the pitch black and 360 turn my life took, of course he added me in his list.

And if I wasn't a target, maybe I could make it to Eddie's planned date.

But here I am now. Tangled in a teen-killing spree done by an unexplainable creature with no way out.

This is so unfair. I thought. The more I think about it, the more I want to scream.

"Lenora was your Hell?" Eddie pulled me out of the violent turn my thoughts took.