chapter twelve

chapter twelve.

a week later

marlena and baby belle are finally home from the hospital.

belle is doing very well, she is breathing regularly and her weight is up a little.

brady loves his baby sister.

it was very early in the morning and John Black was exhausted, Not that he had any right to be, but he was.

He shifted in his bed and gently pulled his sleeping wife closer to him, trying to settle down again.

john hadn't had a decent night's sleep in days, and it had caught up to him, he yawned wearily.

A soft whimper shattered the calm of the night, and john reluctantly kissed his wife's forehead.

Then he slipped out of the bed and padded over to the crib that was a few steps away from their bed.

In the bassinet his newborn daughter, belle, who is fussed and kicked her tiny feet.

For a moment, john watched belle, hoping that she might fall back asleep, but when it became clear that she wasn't going to.

john tenderly scooped belle up in his arms, then cuddled her to his bare chest.

he glanced at the glowing clock on the nightstand by their bed.

it was three in the morning, john sighed softly as the baby continued to fuss.

Unwilling to wake his still-sleeping wife, john carried the baby out of his bedroom and into her nursery.

They had spent months picking colors, arguing over designs, and searching for the perfect pieces of furniture and after all of that.

marlena had decided that the baby would sleep in their room.

john kissed the baby's soft head and went to the window, where a rocking chair rested.

belle had eaten just a half hour ago, and she didn't need a new diaper.

So john assumed that she was simply lonely and needed to be comforted.

he eased himself down into the rocking chair and leaned back, yawning quietly.

Shh, sweetheart, He settled belle in his arms.

belle continued to whimper softly, and john rubbed her back gently.

Let's let Mommy get some sleep tonight, john told his newborn daughter.

john gently traced his finger over the baby's soft cheek.

when john and marlena had brought little belle home for the very first time, and to john, it still felt like a dream.

john, had a daughter, they had a daughter Together they had made this beautiful creature in his arms, and that fact astounded him.

The baby stared back at him with an intensity that was eerily reminiscent of her mother, and he had to smile as he lifted her closer to his face.