chapter fourteenth

chapter fourteenth .

two days later

marlena carefully got up and settled her sleeping infant in the nearby bassinet.

The baby began to fuss and marlena quickly located the pacifier and popped it in the baby's mouth, which soothed her and lulled her to sleep.

marlena let out the breath that she didn't realize she was holding and ran her fingers through her hair. She picked up the stray bottles and pacifiers off the couch and headed to the kitchen.

john walked down the stairs and then he

headed over to wear his daughter slept in her bassinet.

He approached it cautiously and peered inside to see his daughter fast asleep.

Her hands rested on either side of her head her stomach, rising and falling with every passing breath.

john reached in to lift belle up and puts her in his arms.

belle starting of yet another crying session, john puts the pacifier back in her mouth and she began to drift back to sleep.

john sat down in the on the couch and ran his fingers over the soft fabric of her pink fleeced pants.

He pulled off the white socks she wore on her tiny feet, and took the time to count and admire her tiny toes.

She had marlena's toes, john put the sock back on and fingered the pink bow on the crew neck of her long sleeved onesie.

Her features had developed a little bit more She was marlena's spittin' image.

john shifted belle and rested her against his chest and he kissed her on the head.

marlena came back into the living room and see that john is holding their daughter in his arms.

she smiled at them as she walked over to the couch.

hi, sweetheart, marlena said to her husband as she sat down on the couch.

hi, baby, john said to his wife as belle hiccupped a cry and he began to rock her trying to soother her back to sleep.

later that night

john awoke at the first sound of his daughter's whimpers and he glanced over at his wife who was still sleeping soundly.

john knew that marlena must be exhausted if she wasn't waking at the sound of Belle's stirring.

john carefully slid the covers off himself and got out of bed.

He gently lifted his daughter from the bassinet and held her tight against his chest.

john carried her into the nursery and laid her down on the changing table.

"How's my little princess?, john said as he leaning down to kiss her on the forehead.

"Let's try to do this without waking Mommy, okay?, Mommy needs her sleep, john told his daughter.

much to her father's surprise, belle was quiet during her diaper change.