chapter three

Chapter three

next morning

Marlena awoke the next morning to
the scent of breakfast in the air.

Just as she was about to get out of bed, John came through the bedroom door with a tray of food.

Marlena took one look at it and ran for the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

John set the tray down and moved to the bathroom door.

Honey? Are you OK?, As soon as the words left his mouth he was sorry.

Of course she’s not OK, you idiot!, john said to himself.

john slowly tried the handle and found it unlocked and he wanted to be there for Marlena was she going through morning sickness.

john opened the door to find marlena on her knees, her face hung over the toilet.

Marlena body racked with the spasms of morning sickness.

john come into the bathroom and he dropped to the floor beside her and held her hair to making sure to pull it away from her face.

He reached up and grabbed a wet washcloth and slowly wiped Marlena's forehead.

Marlena slumped against john and says to him.

You are so good to me, John, I don’t know what I would do without you.

You will never have to find out, Pretty Lady, because I am never going to let you go.

john told marlena as he holding her close, giving her comfort, stroking her beautiful blond hair.

She looked so weak and helpless. Exhausted from what she just went through.

John slowly picked marlena up and carried her to the his bed.

Oh, John I don’t want to be sick anymore, I am so tired all the time,
I wish I wasn’t preg…..” she stopped herself as the words began to come out.

I didn’t mean that John marlena said as she looked up at him, fearing that she would see the hurt in his eyes from her comment.

I understand, honey, John said as he looking at her and trying not to show the hurt he did feel at her almost statement

No, that’s not what I meant John, marlena said as she looked deep into his soul, letting him see the truth in hers.

I am thrilled to be carrying our child,
I love you so much, but i not sure that i can handle the morning sickness anymore, Marlena told john.

i know sweetheart, i hate seeing you sick it breaks my heart, john told her was he run his hand down to the swell in her belly.

Marlena’s breath caught in her throat as his hand reached its destination and looked up to see the pride in his crystal blue eyes as he continued.

love you Marlena Evans, i love you with all my heart and I would do anything for you, you should know that by now, john said as he kissed her softly.