chapter nine

one month later

marlena is now six months into her pregnancy.

john is home waiting for marlena to come home from work.

john was wondering what's takes her long to get home.

the phone starts to ring, john goes and answer it.

doc?, john asks into the phone.

john, it's Tom horton.

Tom, i thought you was marlena, john said.

john, that why I'm calling, you need to come to the hospital, marlena be in a car accident, Tom told john.

what?, she okay?, is the baby okay?, john asks as he worried about his wife and unborn baby.

yes, they are both, doing well, at the moment and we have to keep a eye on both of them, Tom told john.

Okey, good, I'm on my way, john said before he hang up the phone and he leaves the penthouse and drives to the hospital.

john arrives at the hospital and he saw tom and he rushes to him.

Tom, how’re Doc and the baby?, john asks his friend as he worries about marlena and their baby.

Marlena is holding her own and She has some significant bruising on her collar bone and hips from the seat belt, but there is nothing broken.

Dr. Bader is still checking on the condition of the baby, but when I left there was a heartbeat, tom told john.

thank god, john said.

john, Marlena hasn’t regained

consciousness, she has no external injury to the head, but we ordered a CAT scan to rule out any internal hemorrhaging, I’ll let you know as soon as we get that back, tom told his friend.

Can I see her,?, John’s asks.

yes of course you, can, follow me, tom said to john.

they both walks to marlena hospital room.

as they arrived at Marlena's room, john thanks tom and he walks into the room.

when john enters the room, he saw a pale marlena lying on the bed with white sheets.

he walks over to marlena's hospital bed and he sit down on the chair that beside the bed.

Hey pretty lady, you look kind of fragile lying here, but I know you’re not, i need you to fight just a little bit more though Doc, I need you to come back to me.

john told his wife as he holding her hand..

Dr. Bader entered the room and gave John a smile.

How’s our baby girl doing?, john asks the doctor.

Incredibly well considering the trauma Marlena just went through.

We’ve got her hooked up to a fetal monitor and her heartbeat is strong.

dr. bader told john as she pointed to the flashing heart on the monitor in front of him.