vi

the first shop they went to, was a small boutique, that susannah insisted on had the best jewelry in town, 'do they have to be white?' cami asked while looking at some earrings.

'well, usually you wear pearls,' susannah said with a smile.

'i like pearls,' cami smiled back.

'but if you want a little green, we can always add some sage or some leaves to your hair,' susannah suggested.

'how about we find the dress first?' laurel suggested.

'right,' cami smiled.

'did you find anything?' susannah asked belly, glancing at the girl's bag.

'i think i'm gonna find a dress first,' cami said.

'we can always come back,' susannah smiled, 'you could always just borrow some of my old ones.'

after that,  they went into a clothing store to find their mom an outfit for the book signing, and then to another clothing store for 'tea' attire, as susannah called it, 'why do we need fancy outfits?' cami asked looking at a light blue blouse.

'for tea,' susannah said, 'you have to try that on,' she said looking at the blouse.

'it's a little too bland,' cami shrugged, in a british accent jokingly.

'well, isn't that pretty?' susannah exclaimed when she saw belly looking at a white and purple two-piece.

'i like it,' belly said.

'how about this?' cami asked holding up a short yellow summer dress, 'for you, of course,' she smiled.

'why not?' belly laughed, 'but then you have to try this one on,' she said holding up a burnt orange suit.

'hey, cami, what do you think about this one?' susannah asked pointing to a light gray dress.

'i actually like that one,' she smiled taking it off the rack.

'i like this one,' laurel said, 'i think it fits you, belly,' she said holding up a white and blue plaid dress with small flowers on it.

'are those pineapples?' cami asked.

'they're flowers,' belly chuckled.

'hey cami, try this one,' their mom said handing her a sage green dress with tiny eucalyptus branches on it.

'good taste,' cami smiled, 'thanks mom. hey, susannah?'

'yeah?'

'don't you think three is enough?' cami asked.

'try to find one more,' she smiled holding up a finger, 'try to find a blouse and some pants or something,' she suggested.

'okay,' cami quietly sighed, it's not that she wasn't appreciative of susannah wanting to buy her all of these nice things, shopping just wasn't that important to her. cami spotted some off-white suit pants, and walked back over to the blue blouse in the front of the store from earlier.

'hey, i think i'm ready to try my stuff on,' cami said walking over with her four outfits.

'me too,' belly said.

'okay, in; three, two, one!' cami said as she and belly both stepped out of their respective dressing rooms.

'wow,' susannah said.

belly was wearing a blue dress with white flowers on it, and a white sunhat, holding an off-white purse.

'i don't think so,' laurel said.

'yeah, no way,' cami said looking at her sister, 'it just looks ridiculous. no offense.'

'says you,' belly said looking at cami, who was wearing the light gray dress susannah had found.