xvii

'morning, cami,' jeremiah said as she walked out of the bathroom.

she didn't say anything, she just ignored him. as soon as she closed the door, she dried her hair, until it had a natural messy beach wavy look to it, put on some mascara, and grabbed her dress from out of her closet and headed downstairs. she figured it would be easier to change down there instead of upstairs.

'oh, you look beautiful,' susannah said as cami walked in the sand on the beach carrying the bottom of her dress.

'thanks,' she smiled. it was hard to stand in front of susannah knowing that she was sick again.

'okay, so if you could let your dress just do its thing, and then if you could just turn your body towards me, that would be great,' she directed.

'uh, yeah, sure,' cami replied doing as told.

'okay, perfect, if you could just turn a little bit more towards me,' susannah said, 'perfect,' cami tried her best to stand as still as possible, 'so, are you excited for the tournament? who's your partner?'

'oh, um, i-i'm not competing,' cami confessed.

'why not?' susannah asked directing all of her attention to the girl.

'uh, well, i might ask an old friend, but,' she sighed.

'oh,' susannah smiled, stroking the brush, 'who? do i know them?' she asked.

'uhm, well, yeah, yeah, you do,' she nodded, 'mhm.'

'okay, well,' susannah shrugged grinning, 'who? is it a boy?'

'oh my god,' cami smiled.

'wait. no,' susannah stopped, 'surprise us,' she smiled, 'you've always been so good at surprises.'

'well, i guess i'm gonna have to ask them now, right,' she grinned.

'i guess so,' susannah shimmied slightly, 'it'll be good for you, i mean, you'd be out of the house, rekindling old friendships,' she smiled, 'what could possibly be better than that?'

'uh, yeah, sure,' cami smiled, 'hey, susannah?'

'yeah.'

'you'd tell us if anything was wrong, right?' she asked.

she thought for a second looking at cami, 'of course, honey,' she lied, 'always.'

'good,' cami smiled.

______________

after susannah finished her painting, cami got changed into walk she had been wearing the previous night and decided to go for a walk.

she didn't know why, but she was half-heartedly expecting to bump into anderson again. although, at the same time it might turn out to be a bit weird; bumping into each other so soon again, i mean, what are the odds, right?

once she reached her favorite spot on the beach to watch the sunset, she felt someone sit donw next to her, 'hey, mila,' she heard.

'hey, andie,' she smiled, both on the inside and on the outside.

'you do know no one calls me that anymore, right?' he smiled.

'well, too bad, because i'm never gonna stop,' she smiled with her chin high. she could see the grin that had been plastered on his face, 'and no one calls me mila anymore either.'

'well, then,' he smiled even more, 'it's a good thing i'm never gonna stop either.'

cami chuckled slightly, shoving him a bit, trying to keep her balance in the sand.