vii

'thanks, mom,' belly and cami said stepping out of the car once they'd pulled up to the country club.

that morning, belly had decided on the blue and white plaid dress with the small flowers, her light pink fascinator, and blue gloves that matched her purse.

cami had decided to wear the sage dress, along with off-white gloves, and her white fascinator. both wearing heels.

'sure,' she replied, 'hey guys, i just want you to know that if you decide you hate it or the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me,' she assured, 'i promise, i won't say i told you so.'

'i'm sure we'll be fine, but thanks, mom,' cami said, the two of them turning around.

'humor me?' she asked, making them turn around again, 'use our code phrase, and i'll be right there.'

'mom,' belly said.

'you guys still remember it from when you were little, right?' she asked.

'lemon jelly belly with a sour chameleon,' they all said.

the girls then turn around, 'have fun,' laurel said starting the car.

'will do, mom,' camila said, the two hurrying, 'this is a nightmare. i hate heels,' she said rolling her ankle.

'well, you shouldn't have chosen such high ones,' belly countered.

'whatever,' cami mumbled.

'hey!' belly said, seeing jeremiah walking towards them carrying some towels.

'jeremiah,' cami laughed slightly, making her best friend stop in front of them.

'oh, my god. are you guys sick?' he asked baffled.

'no, but i think i sprained my ankle,' cami laughed. she wasn't lying, it did hurt. a lot.

'makes sense, you suck at wearing heels, i don't know how you're ever gonna be able to dance in them,' he said, 'you know what, let me walk you over. wait, are those pineapples?' he chuckled, looking at belly.

'no!' she exclaimed.

'that's what i said!' cami smiled.

'they're flowers!" belly smiled.

'those are pineapples,' cami and jere said at the same time, as he dumped the towels in a golf cart.

'what else did you guys buy,' he asked.

'uhm, well we found the dresses, we both look like we're about to get married when we wear them, and then we found some dresses, cami found a suit, some shoes, jewelry,' belly said taking a breath, 'and i think that was it?'

'yeah, sounds about right,' cami agreed.

'okay, well, you know they have great food here,' jere started, 'they serve these chocolates with mousse in them, and these small bite-sized muffins; obviously they don't want you to eat it in one bite, but it's whatever,' he shrugged, 'oh! i almost forgot they have the best cookies here, they have strawberry and raspberry, oh! they're to die for,' he said leading them up the stairs.

'okay,' cami sighed.

'i-i never thought i'd see the day where you guys were wearing fascinators,' he laughed as they entered the room.

'shut up, jere,' cami chuckled.

when they entered the room, cami couldn't help but notice all of the dirty looks they were getting, belly didn't fail to notice either. there were girls wearing dresses with flowers, some plaid, and all of them were wearing fascinators.