xiii

'hell, yeah!" cami said, she didn't drink, but the other's drunkness did rub off on her, same way it did on her dad.

'you're not gonna make it,' andie said looking at cami, walking outside, 'you got nothing.'

'oh, yeah?' cami challenged, aiming for the cups, and hearing the 'plop' the ball made when it hit the contents of the cup,' oh, yeah!' she cheered.

'drink up, con,' andie said, trying to avoid the slight glare jeremiah was aiming at him.

'so much shit you talk,' luke said aiming for the cups.

'try,' cami smiled. he missed, 'oh,' cami said bending down and picking up the ball, while jere booed, as conrad tried.

'really? not even close,' luke said.

'so, who are you bringing to the ball?' jeremiah asked.

'have you asked jakob yet? i thought i saw you talking to him earlier,' conrad inquired.

'uh, no. i haven't,' she looked down, she didn't want to talk about this in front of anderson.

'well, i'm sure you'll find one,' luke said, 'i mean, you're cami conklin, for god's sake, who could say no?'

cami's plan on trying not to blush, definitely failed, looking down she realized how drowsy she did feel; although she didn't get to feel that for long, 'show me what you've got,' anderson piped up, handing her another ball.

her shot definitely wasn't as perfect as it was last time, but the result didn't fail to bring a smile to her old friend's face.

'fuck,' conrad said as cami managed to land another ping-pong ball in one of the cups.

'shit,' luke said, 'that's yours,' he told conrad.

'no, you take it,' he said.

'i don't drink beer,' he countered.

'whatever,' conrad said taking the cup and downing it.

'hey,' someone said.

'oh, hey, bells,' cami smiled.

'belly!' jere gasped giving her a hug, 'where have you been?' cami didn't fail to see how he brightened up when belly had left the house.

'yeah, we were singing one minute and the next you were gone?' cami added.

'yeah. i-i thought you didn't drink?' she asked cami.

'what?' the girl smiled.

'i can smell the vodka.'

'you know, now that you mention it,' jere said.

'it was one shot,' cami said with raised eyebrows, 'and jere's been drinking for me,' she told belly, 'mostly anyway,' she shrugged.

'hey, belly,' cam said closing the front door.

'hey. um, i was actually just about to leave,' she said.

'oh, cool. i can drive you,' he said.

'that'd be great,' belly said, 'bye, guys.'

'see ya,' cami said, her and jere turning back to the game.

'you guys are going down, you ready?' jere asked taking a shot, and surprisingly making the shot.

'oh, shit!" cami laughed.

'nice shot,' connie said, fishing the ball out of the cup and drinking the beer.

'you owe me five bucks. i told you i was gonna make it!' jere exclaimed.