[4] Secrets Are For The Best

"Maybe if love had secrets,
Only the people in love will know,
They will know the reason for love,
And why they love each other so."

What if there's no such thing as love without secrets? What if secrets always applies? Would it keep your relationship real, or would it make all of your choices unwise?

~Moon~

When I woke up today, I didn't feel as great as I usually did. I woke up the way I did every morning. Qibli gently shook me and then he'd have to resort to tickling me and I'd get up to go to work, just like everybody else. Lucky for Glory, she got a day off just because of being hospitalized yesterday. Why didn't I get beat up by some bitch and get a day off?

Glory was allowed to come in the middle of the night last night, though.

I didn't even say anything to Qibli at all. We've been living together in the same room since ten months ago, after Glory and Deathbringer got married. I only moved in with Qibli since I stayed at his place most of the time, anyway. Also, sharing a place with my married brother was annoying. Secretkeeper lived in her own room, by herself. As she should after physically forcing me to get married. Grandeur, though, was no way going to let Glory move in with Deathbringer.

She didn't really have a say in that, though.

I picked something casual but also kept it PG. I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I guess I never really thought about it. But now that I was a grown-up, I wished I had at least an option of what to do when I was little. Okay, I did. But being a fairy didn't really seem like it was going to get me anywhere.

So, I worked at a daycare center that Ostrich went to. I guess that's really the only reason I worked there. I've got to start somewhere.

I wore baggy... stuff. Just baggy everything. But I still looked half-decent—I always have to.

I got a text from my partner at the daycare center.

🤍Ruby🤍: omg guess what!

Moon💘: I'm getting a raise?

🤍Ruby🤍: we both know that's never happening.

True, true.

Moon💘: so then what is it?

I quickly kissed Qibli goodbye, who was eyeing me suspiciously. I felt his burning stare practically melt the back of my head as left the room. I looked over my shoulder and sent him a curious glare before I walked down the hallway and made it to the elevator, pressing Lobby.

🤍Ruby🤍: there's a new worker hereeee!!!!!

Moon💘: you mean more people to annoy me?

🤍Rubu🤍: no, just one more person to simp over you.

Yeah, all the kids there were obsessed with me, so one more won't hurt, right?

I saw Ostrich sitting in one of the lobby seats, kicking her legs impatiently.

"Finally," she said when she saw me. "I literally saw a flying car fly past. You were up there for centuries."

"And yet you didn't age one bit," I stated calmly as I held my hand out to her. She huffed at me but didn't hesitate to grab my hand. Ostrich's twelfth birthday was tomorrow, and everyone was trying to come up with something in 24 hours. Qibli had said a party at a trampoline park, but that was boring. I was working with Thorn to create a Hawaiian beach party.