[5] Broken Hearts And Broken Trust

"Love has no secrets,
No matter how it tries to hide,
You can write it down in a diary,
Or you can hold it all inside."

But what if that love shows too much? What if it made you see that your partner is different? Would you cope with the difference an try to adapt... or would you notice that your love is something that it isn't?

~Tsunami~

~Flashback~

Qibli, Winter, Icy and I all laid low by the bushes of the daycare Moon worked at.

Honestly, all of us had work to be at right now, but Qibli absolutely promised that he would pay each one of us back. Like, I was supposed to be at some city hall and the boss will be pissed if I didn't get detailed information like I usually do. I have always loved drama, and never will not like it, so I became a journalist.

Frankly, I might lose that job by sitting behind a bush and spying on Moon just because Qibli says, "There's something sketchy going on with her." Like, I had better things to be doing.

But as I recorded, I guess I didn't actually regret doing that.

"*"

That next morning was awkward for everyone. Glory never even got kidnapped. She was taking a little walk to clear her mind and left her phone at home. Who even does that?

Leopard's good.

But I had no time to worry about Moon cheating on Qibli because Riptide just sent me a text saying he'd be visiting for the next few days.

Y-E-S.

It's been months since I last saw him so my mood really turned on. But now, I felt butterflies slowly waking up and opening their wings.

Huh. I wish I had wings.

Since it was only Winter, Icy, Qibli and I who were actually avoiding Moon, she suspected us as her main suspects. She was going around interrogating everyone, trying to figure out why we were ignoring her.

She had attacked Winter first, but all he did was shout at her and give her attitude. I wanted to go over there and tell him to lose the attitude but I was mad at her too.

She attacked Icy and Qibli at the same time, but they just ignored her. Even Ostrich seemed pissed at her. I knew I was next, so I did the logical thing and went into hiding. I couldn't keep my mouth shut so I had to. Right as I waltzed into Qibli's room, Moon cornered me.

So now I'm screwed.

Send help.

I tried to ignore her but she probably went through shit and back to get this information so she absolutely wasn't about to take it again. She immediately pinned me against the wall and I got angry vibes for a moment there. You know what actually surprised me the most? She was strong. And I didn't really know how.

I struggled for a moment before giving up and finally looking her dead in the eye.

"Tell me what's going on."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said as I tried to escape, but she was not going to let go.

"You clearly do because you're ignoring me too," Moon said before shaking me. "Just—tell me!"

I sighed, knowing I had no way out of this.

No, wait. I do.