[12] Meeting The Fam

"They can't hear your cries,
Don't scream thinking they'll come—that's a bluff.
As if you are much of a rock,
Be hard and tough enough."

What if some people actually heard your scream and didn't care? What if they can hear your cries? Would you treat them with the better amount of respect, or would you leave them all to die?

~Moon~

"Moon, take your memory back to that phone call you had just made with your friends," Clearsight said as she sat me down on her carpet before sitting down herself. "Who were you talking to?"

"Qibli and the others," I said cautiously, eyeing her questioningly. "Look, can you help me or not?"

"Certainly," Clearsight said, grinning. "I want you to see the past right now—to the phone call, I mean. What exactly did you say?"

"Some stuff," I said with barely a shrug. "Why you getting all nosey with it?"

"Because," she said, staring at me. "You weren't actually talking to them."

"*"

"I can't, okay? I can't!"

"All you have to do is concentrate, Moon," Clearsight pushed. "Come on, you can. I just know it. Close your eyes and view a vivid memory of everything, okay?"

I slammed my eyes shut for a long moment before opening them and loudly groaning. "No one can have visions of the past!"

Clearsight looked patient but also kind of annoyed. She reached over and put her hand on my shoulder, and right as I was about to shove it off, my surroundings immediately vanished. I only saw five things before I was back in reality.

Qibli, Glory, and Tsunami, all tied with chains, and Umber and Leopard.

Yeah, no problem at all.

"What'd you see?" Clearsight asked me, and suddenly Darkstalker was also there, staring at me along with Fathom.

"When did you guys get here?" I asked, scrambling to my feet. "This place is so weird. Why are people just spawning out of nowhere?" I gasped. "I swear, if this is black magic I'll—"

"When you have visions," Fathom kindly interrupted. "for you, they can be seconds, but for us, it could be, like, ten minutes."

"But," Clearsight interjected. "You actually can control how fast the outside world goes for you," she said hopping up. "And that's where the fun part starts."

"Good," I mumbled. "I thought this was just going to get more boring."

"The complete opposite, actually," Clearsight said, walking over to her desk and pulling out a pen and a piece of paper. "See, if you can counteract your surroundings to match the amount of time you vibe, you can actually make time around you go faster, the same amount, or even slower."

"Vibe?" I asked. She grinned at me.

"What? I like to play around with words. Plus, it sounds way better than saying you visioned the future, or something like that."

"But—how did you just touch me and I just... vibed? I mean, I wasn't nervous or scared, or anything. So, how'd you do that? Can I do that?"

"You have a lot of questions for something that so boring," Clearsight teased.

"And there's a lot where that came from," Darkstalker said, groaning, grabbing a cup of water. "Her mind is always exploding with new questions and random observations nobody cares about. I have a headache."

"Serves you right for reading my mind again," I snapped. "Seriously, can you stop doing that?"

"Can't. Your mind is interesting. You get your observation skills from Qibli, actually. He's a weird one. Thinking about everything at the same time for no reason. So cautious. Even Deathbringer's less cautious—especially when it comes to Glory. Literally doesn't care if he's in a volcano that's about to erupt—he'll walk on water and act like he's walking to the fridge."