CHAPTER 6: First (hospital) date

Room no. 22-14. Come quick!

Maya stares at the text as she scans the crowd. Everyone seems to be there, some of the members getting physical check-ups from the doctors. The only person she couldn't see was Andy, and that scared her. After putting out a big house fire, which took about seven hours, Station 19 had headed to Grey-Sloan for their mandatory checkups. Andy had been by her side through all of it, but right now, she was nowhere to be seen.

Looking at the text again, Maya shook her head, trying to get rid of the possible reasons why Andy had called her into a specific room. She started towards the fifth floor and followed the doors carefully until she reached 22-14.

Maya knocked once.

"Come in." That voice didn't exactly sound like Andy, but she pushed the door open. Maya's eyes instantly widened to see Andy lying on a table getting a pregnancy test done or something.

"You're pregnant?!" Maya screamed as she ran to her side.

Andy beamed at her, "Yes! I mean, I think so." She turned her face to look at the doctor, and so did Maya. She noticed the doctor, Carina DeLuca, was written on her coat, turned to them, and smiled, "You are pregnant. Here's the little beanie." She nodded towards the ultrasound screen, but Maya was clueless.

"Uhm... sorry, but where is it actually?" She asked only for Carina to laugh as she pointed to a small, little mass in the middle of what seemed to be Andy's uterus.

Maya instantly smiled to think that was her future niece or nephew. "Have you told Sullivan?"

"Not yet... I don't know how he's gonna react."

Maya held her hand and reassured her with a squeeze, "You know I'm here. If anything goes wrong I have a spare room. I'm more than happy to take care of you two."

Andy looked at her and almost melted, "Awww, look at you taking care of your niece or nephew from day one."

Maya chuckled and shook her head. "Always."

"Do you want a picture of the ultrasound?" Carina asked as she wiped the gel off Andy's stomach.

"Yes! Thank you!" Andy said, smiling wider than ever.

While Carina got busy taking out a few pictures, Andy turned to Maya, "Did you get your check-up?"

Maya shook her head, "No, the doctors were all busy with other patients. Bailey was shouting at Warren so I didn't exactly get anything checked up."

"I can give you an exam if you want." Carina handed two pictures of the ultrasound to Andy as she switched off the computer.

"Yes!" Andy said, "Get your check-up done, Mai. I'll go see where Robert is." she got off the table and buttoned up her shirt, "I'll find you back at the station, Captain." Andy hugged her and left the room.

"Take a seat. I'll get my stuff." Carina said.

Maya seemed hesitant but she nodded anyway. Carina smiled and asked her to sit down at the table while she gathered her stuff.

"Are you allowed to clear me?" Maya blurted out as Carina came to stand in front of her, pulling her stethoscope out of her neck.

"Just because I work with babies doesn't mean I can't give you a physical exam. I'm a surgeon, you know." She replied.

"For babies?"

"Yes, Maya, for babies." Carina laughed at how Maya's face fell.

"I can't even imagine how painful that is. Babies getting surgery and all." Maya said.