CHAPTER 27: Jealous?

(A/N: Okay, a little preview. So all of them are in college. Maya was her usual self before Carina waltzed in and changed her completely. Somewhere along the way they started dating but they haven't done everything yet. I hope you like this.)

.

.

.

"You know you could try talking to her."

Maya wanted nothing but to drink alone. But she could not leave the hostel this late and the warden would definitely not allow any alcohol in the premises. So she sat in the cafeteria of the dorm building with a cup of coffee in front of her.

Jack sat in front of her and took a sip from the untouched coffee. Maya rolled her eyes at him.

"What are you doing here?" she spat at him.

Jack sighed, "Well... I went to your dorms to talk about the project and you weren't anywhere and Carina was furious." Jack didn't need to explain any further.

Maya sighed and let her head fall on top of the table.

"I just–" Maya glanced at Jack, wanting to protest, but deciding against it, "I just got jealous."

Jack cracked a smile, "Of Gabriella?"

Maya groaned, "I know it's stupid."

"It's not stupid... but it sure is amusing. I mean I'm having a hard time believing you're the same 'Monogamy is for the weak' Maya."

Maya let out a deep breath, "She does things to me." She shook her head and looked at Jack, "I can't explain. Ever since that day in the lab..." Maya turned to look out the window as she continued, a hint of a smile grazing her lips, "I've not even looked at any other person for the past few months."

Jack hummed, "Look at you Bishop. You didn't even get to see her naked but she's already got you wrapped around her finger."

Maya laughed, "Surprising... I know. I just... love her so much."

When she looked back at Jack, he sent her a smile, "You know I've never seen you more happy before. I mean... I've seen you. You just smile ten times brighter when you're with her."

Maya looked down at her hands, "And now I've messed it up. I don't even know if she wants to see me right now."

"Hey, you know what? Try apologizing. I know Italian anger is a different story altogether but look, I see the way Carina loves you. Just... don't let it slip away for a simple mistake." Jack leaned back in his chair and looked expectantly at Maya.

She shook her head with a teasing smirk, "And since when did you become so wise?"

Jack shrugged, "Eh... I happen to shine now and then."

Maya stood up from her seat and backed away towards the cafeteria doors, "Thanks for this Jack."

She didn't wait for the elevators instead ran straight up to the dorm room she shared with Carina. She kept reciting the words she'd say to her in her mind and tried to come up with something that wouldn't make her sound like a jealous little idiot.

When she entered the room using her own key, she noticed Carina wasn't there on the couch, like she usually is, watching tv or aimlessly scrolling through Tumblr. Instead, she was in the bed, wrapped up under the blankets.

Maya smiled at the bunch of brown hair spilling out of the blankets. The room temperature had been turned down which made goosebumps appear on her skin.

Carina tried not to show it, but Maya noticed how she slightly jumped when the door closed behind her back and that's how she knew that Carina was still awake.