One

Five years ago...

"Awe, is Fatty crying? Let me dry your tears then!" Karson teased as she pushed Patrice in the school swimming pool. Patrice wasn't good at swimming. She wasn't good in defending herself either. As she was welcomed the deep water in the pool, she did her best to scream for help. She couldn't hear herself scream, but she tried to.

"Oopsie, guess I didn't dry your tears up, sorry Fatty." Karson teased again as she laughed with her circle of friends.

Patrice felt hopeless. All she heard while she asked for help were laughs and  teases. She has gulped a lot of water but still, no one tried to help her.

"Here you go, Fatty. Save yourself." Karson advised. She threw the floater to the water, about three meters away from Patrice. Patrice tried to swim to get hold of it, but failed to.

Moments later, the bell rang and everyone started to leave the pool area. "Guess not everyone can't lend a helping hand. Sorry Fatty. Let's go ladies, let her save herself." Karson said as she exited the pool.

Patrice thought that she was going to die, but she was wrong. She didn't want to die yet.

She calmed herself down and remembered what her swimming teacher, Mr. Thomas, taught her.

She tried to carry her heavy self under the water and applied the basic swimming steps that led her to the success of having the floater in her arms.

This was the last time for Karson to bully her. It was Patrice's turn to play.

- -

Present time... (Patrice's POV)

"Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you!" Tara exclaimed as she looked at me in my Tonie Gavorrte-made sparkling champagne styled gown that hugged my body, forming my sexy curve,  paired with a Chanel purse and red stilettos.

"Oh my gosh, dear. I was never wrong about Tonie. Besides being the best designer here in LA, he sure can make wonders!" My aunt Genevieve complimented.

I was ready to show up in our Batch night ball reunion after five years.

I just can't wait to see their reaction after the swimming pool incident. That was the last day they heard and saw me.

"So, what's the plan?" Tara asked me as she handed me my Wittlebach 36-carat blue diamond necklace.

"The plan? Easy, show up late, receive glares, hear murmurs, introduce myself to my fellow classmates and definitely not forgetting about Karson of course and  leave." I answered while I looked at my beautiful transformed self in the mirror.

"Wait, why would you want to show up late again?" Tara asked confusingly.

"Because sweetheart, that's how you get attention. By showing up late." Aunt Genevieve replied. I smiled at her and nodded. I've learned from the best.

"You're ready to go. Good luck, sweetheart! Show them what you've got!" Aunt Genevieve said, pulling me into a hug.

-

When the driver opened the car door for me, I closed my eyes for a moment. Here goes nothing. I exited my black Jean Bugatti and started walking up the stairs. I took one deep breath for every step I made.

"Welcome, Ma'am. The celebration started about thirty minutes ago. May I know your name?" The guest supervisor asked.

"Patricia Violette Wilson." I replied, smiling at him. The supervisor searched for my name in the guest list, turning the guest list page by page but ended up not finding my name.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you are not in the guest list." the supervisor apologized. How could that be? I was definitely sent an invite.

Right. They don't know any Patricia Violette Wilson.

"Try finding Patrice Lennox, will you?" I pleaded. He nodded at me and searched for my name once more. Patrice Lennox was my original name but my Aunt insisted to change it under her family name.

"Ahh, Miss...Fatty?" The supervisor asked, confused. Really funny, Karson. Really funny.

"That's me." I winked.

"Very well, Ma'am. Please enter the room after I announce your name." I nodded in reply and waited for him to announce my name to everyone. The supervisor let out a microphone and looked at my name at the guest list.

"Miss Patrice Lennox has arrived."

By that, I entered on my cue. 

x x x x PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS PART x x x x

I'm not sure if I should continue writing this book yet unless one of you says so. But I'll try to keep u guys posted! Please share your thoughts and vote :) Thanks x