Four

Waiting behind the red curtains, I waited for Aunt Genevieve, I mean mom, to finish her welcoming speech for me.

My heart was pounding fast and I was clearly excited to be introduced to the whole world as a Wilson.

I was wearing a navy blue, strapless, mermaid dress that hugged my body tight, forming my curvy body. I wore my signature red lipstick with smokey eyes and curled my hair up.

I had diamonds all over my neck that made me look more expensive. The nude stilettos I wore made me look even taller, yet elegant.

I was short when I was fat. My height reached only 5 feet flat. But when I lost all the excess fat in my body, my height increased to six inches.

I breathed out. Show the world the new you, Patrice.

"Everyone, help me welcome the new face of the Wilsons and my long lost daughter, Patricia Violette Wilson!" I hear the big round of applause from the crowd and the red curtains started to open.

There were a lot of people who gathered today just to meet me. I looked at the thousands of people standing in front of me and waved at them as I walked to the microphone that was five meters away from me.

I looked at the VIP seats in front of me and saw the Wilsons seated. Some of them looked very familiar since they were celebrities and some of them I did not know.

Once I reached the microphone, I glanced at Aunt Genevieve and smiled at her.

"Mother, my new Wilson family, and to all the people who are gathered here today, a pleasant day to all of you," I started, seeing mom smile at me.

"First of all, thank you mother for that wonderful speech about me. Now, I would like you all to know that I am still a normal person who would go and eat to normal food chains and shop and various places," I smiled at the crowd who smiled at me as well.

The paparazzi was everywhere, flashing their cameras at every angle I made. I finished my speech with a pledge of the Wilsons. After I said my pledge, the audience howled and rose up to give me a standing ovation.

As we were headed towards our limo, security was all over me while the paparazzi was blocking the way, taking shots of me.

"Miss Patricia! Are you planning to become a celebrity or a businesswoman?" I hear one of the paparazzi say. I couldn't ignore one question, now can I?

"I'm not quite sure yet. I might be planning to do both. But right now, I still want to focus on managing my new charity organization which will be introduced to all soon." I entered and smiled to the cameras, hoping they had great shots of me.

I entered the limo and was welcomed by mom and Tara. Both of them held a champagne glass with sparkling champagne inside.

"You were awesome today, Pat!" Tara congratulated, handing me a glass of sparkling champagne.

"Keep it up until the end of the day, Patricia. You will be meeting the Wilsons in a few. I must say, you did such an amazing job with your speech today." mom commented, raising her glass.

"To success and more to come!"I toasted.

- -

When we arrived at the mansion, I noticed a lot of body guards all over the gates with the armor loaded on their uniform. It was impossible for even one of the paparazzi to slip inside the mansion.

We walked to the back of the mansion and heard classical music the violins played as I saw the Wilsons enjoy themselves with the food and the facilities.

I was kinda hungry so I went to the buffet table and grabbed a plate.

"Ahh, the new Wilson, I see. Welcome to the familia, Patricia!" an old man with grey hair said. I chuckled at the thought that he made the words rhyme.

"I see what you did there,"  I winked at him. He must be Peter. One of the oldest Wilsons in our generation.

"And you must be Peter. I've heard a lot about you from mother." I acknowledged.

He smiled to me, "All good things, I hope. I heard you wanted to start a charity organization. Please do approach me if you need anything. I'll always be here  willing to help." Peter offered and handed me his calling card.

"That would be great. Thank you. Please do enjoy the food and the entertainment." I assured as I placed the calling card in my bra since I left my purse. He left me and I looked at the food once again.

I was about to reach out for the Carbonara pasta when another person decided to talk to me. Another Wilson. When can I ever eat?

A few welcoming, introducing and conversations later, I still had an empty plate. The sun already set and I haven't ate a single piece of food. Yes, I was glad that I was approached by almost all the Wilsons here as they handed me their calling cards. I made sure each calling card had a place inside my bra.

I was facing Barbara Wilson right now, yes you heard it right. The Barbara Wilson who is a celebrity actress who had won a lot of Oscars already. I wanted to ask her why Leonardo DiCaprio hasn't won an Oscar yet, but I didn't want to add another topic.

Not to be rude, but I was really really hungry already.  When she left, I searched the place if ever there was another Wilson to approach me, but luckily, there was none.

I finally filled my plate with the Carbonara pasta that I have been wanting to taste for the last two hours and had two pieces of California Maki. I was really hungry, but I made sure I counted my calories.

I made my way to the indoor dining area where there wasn't a single Wilson in there besides me. I know this welcoming party was for me, but I had to also savor the moment eating alone. I won't take long anyway. I just had to fill my stomach with some food and continue conversing.

I twirled my fork on the pasta and opened my mouth. I couldn't wait to eat food any longer.

"If it isn't the new Patricia Violette Wilson," a voice behind me said. Uggh. Good timing.

I put the fork down my plate and turned around.

My eyes were wide open when I saw the man behind me. Prince Wilson.

x x x x

Hey guys! :) Like the story so far? Please do share your thoughts and don't forget to vote! Thanks much :) x

Oh, please do have time to read my COMPLETED novel, Running Away From Mr.  Stalker. I know you'll love it! :) x