Chapter 7: May 22

It was a sunny day on the fifth May 22 since Gabriela "died", but Fairy Tail's spirits were anything but sunny.

At the annual funeral included speeches, reminders of the past, and mourning for all the lost members of Fairy Tail.

A lot had happened in five years, since....Gabriela. Fairy Tail had rebuilt and moved on, and things had become normal, Natsu and Lucy had had a child, in spite of warnings that their baby, Nashi, would be captured too, but the Dragneel family was safe, and no other children had been taken since.

Every 22nd, the guild hall was bustling and filled with energy, working to set up for the funeral. It was always a sad occasion, no matter how much the guild...however it was mostly Mira....tried to make it a celebration of sorts, everyone always ended up being upset.

*****

"Hello, friends." Mira announced, "Today is a time of grieving for lost friends, but also for celebration of the living, and how fortunate we are to be able to lean on each other. We are so lucky to be a community, you know?" Mira preached, getting somewhat emotional, "The tragedy of the disappearance of Gabriela will forever burden our hearts,"

Everyone turned to face Levy and Gajeel who strayed to the back of the crowd holding hands and staring at the ground. It was almost as if a raincloud loomed over them. They were crying, Gabriela would be five years old today.

"But, we will remember her, and hold her in our hearts, so her spirit never dies!" Mira held up a fist and was balling now, the rest of the guild was nothing but sullen.

After several minutes, Mira stepped out of the spotlight and invited Levy and Gajeel to speak. They never released their hands, as they walked in front of the crowd, and after a few seconds of gathering themselves together, they looked up at their fellow guildmates.

Levy spoke first, with almost a dead expression on her face, "She's five years old today," The woman said with a giggle, but she immediately stopped smirking and returned to her solemn expression, "But we are much older. The disappearance of this child has humbled us, and let us mature in ways we never knew possible to come so fast." She scanned over the crowd of mages, young and old almost feeling guilty they had the stress of worrying about Gabriela, searching for Gabriela, and letting Gabriela take away their youth. The baby was almost bad luck now, but she was still mourned over.

Soon after, Gajeel spoke, with sobs in between his words," I never knew much about k-kids, or, or, the affects they, ah...they make on you. Even though I only knew my-my kid.....for a few mon-m-months, she affected me in w-ways I never expec-expected. She makes me l-l-laugh as well as cry." Gajeel was a mess, he was every year, and he got too emotional to continue speaking. Everyone thought, despite his usual cold personality, that he'd be a great father.

A few more people spoke, but most just comforted everyone who needed it for the rest of the day. Especially Levy and Gajeel who just wanted a child to raise, like Natsu and Lucy, their beautiful daughter, Nashi, was perfect. Sometimes, the couple would babysit for them when the parents went on jobs, and they enjoyed every second.

"I love you Gajeel." Levy said out of the blue, when no one spoke, they just cleaned up the funeral and went about in their lives, "I love you too, shrimp." Gajeel replied, Levy nuzzled her face into his shoulder, and some happiness, despite the mood, was restored in the guild.

*****
Sorry this chapter was kinda short, I wanted to update really really badly! So this is what the annual funeral for Brie is like :(

Sorry for all the depressing stuff, guys, trust me, it'll get happier!! ;) ;) ;)

-Emily/Brie