Chapter 14: Fantasies

Pic of Lucille above!

(Just got it from the internet)

(It's pretty much just Lucy....)

Remember Chapter 12...?

"Lucille smiled back and motioned at Brie to follow her again, 'See that coffee shop?' The woman asked, pointing westward at a small square building, 'With the amount of explaining I'm about to do, we might be in there a while.'

Brie let out an exasperated laugh and jogged after Lucille to sit down at the shop."

Back to the story!

*****
Seated on barstools, Brie and Lucille talked and talked for hours.

*****

Brie's Journal Entry:

Today, a friendly mage called Lucy rescued me from Mr.Franks. (Which was a very wild ride) She told me he is the guild leader of a dark guild and is targeting the children whose parents belong to magical guilds. So...Sid and Lorra. I still can't get over though, how Mr.Franks' guards addressed me, "Brie Redfox" with my nickname too! They must be creepy stalker people...

Well, anyway, Lucy is from Fairy Tail, and so are Levy and Gajeel. My...birth parents. I didn't tell her about that, I need to consult my parents before I tell anyone else. It's a good thing I'll have the opportunity to visit Fairy Tail before they bring me back to Lamia Scale...

Lucy explained that all the guards I came across were actors. We just missed all the actual guards, which were at a training camp. Fairy Tail had tricked Mr.Franks by volunteering actors to cover for the guards who were away...sadly, only 34 out of 50 actors made it out alive. Mr.Franks had captured and killed 16 of them.

All of this trouble, all of this death...just to rescue me? Am I all that valuable? I mean, I guess I did play an important role because the dark guild is expected to try and find what's behind all the trouble with their first victim being captured. And I guess I'm also grateful for them saving me...but not if it would be at the expense of 16 lives.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Right now, I'm lying on a cot at a local hidden shelter. I guess they heard about the new dark guild so they made a secret hidey-hole for everyone. How convenient!

Well, just for the record...I'm not this cheery when I'm not on paper. I can't believe 16 innocent people were murdered at my expense.

And I can't help wishing it were me instead.

*****

Brie closed her journal, her eyes wet with silent tears she'd been crying through the night.

She had reason to believe it was after midnight. She'd been put to bed hours ago, and everyone else was sound asleep.

After Lucy had explained everything, Brie thought she'd be happy, and go back to living her normal life back at her little cottage near Lamia Scale.

That's what she wanted anyway. She decided she wasn't an adventurer and would be perfectly fine going back home and living ordinarily.

But that could never happen. Not after this at least.