Chapter 18: Day One at The Guild

MORE NEW CHARACTERS!!

Get ready! (Lol)

(Pic of Azure)

*****
"Brie!" Brie heard Lucy's familiar voice call to her. Groaning, she woke up and stretched her arms, "Whaaaat?"

"What in the world are you doing sleeping at the end of the hallway??" Lucy grabbed Brie's arm to lift her up, "Aiko Redfox was asking me for you, ya know." She smirked.

Oh yeah. Brie had forgotten about that mess, but...she decided to keep cool about it, "Oh," she started, scratching the back of her head, "Ver- I mean someone" she caught herself, not wanting to sell Vermillion out, she could obviously hurt Brie,"someone threw flour in my face in the middle of the night, and Aiko came to check on me. That's all." Brie smiled.

"...." Lucy stared for a second, "And, back to the original question; why were you asleep in the hallway?"

"I--" Brie paused trying to think of a lie, "I sometimes sleepwalk in unfamiliar places..."

"Oh...that's fine then! Should we keep your door locked so you don't hurt yourself? And nobody throws any more baking supplies at you...."

"No! That's not needed, it's usually only the first night..."

"Umm, ok! Great. Let's get you some breakfast." The pair began walking to the main area of the guild hall, "Oh! And I'd really like you to meet my daughter, Nashi. She's already eating breakfast. We stopped at a cafe and bought a bunch of pastries...is that okay?"

"Sure!" Brie was pumped. Pastries were her thing.

The two women arrived at a table seated by a pink-haired girl and a bluenette, and-most importanly-a large plate of assorted fruit pastries. Brie made an inhuman bellow and dove into the delicacies, recieving horrified looks from her tablemates. She'd eaten almost half of the remaining pastries, slowly sitting down, she grabbed a napkin and wiped the jellies and preserves off her face, "s-sorry"

The two girls who sat next to Brie looked at eachother and laughed, "uhm, hi, I'm Nashi" the girl with pink hair introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Brie, sorry about that...outburst. I haven't had a good pastry in a while." Brie blushed.

Nashi laughed, "Don't worry about it, she's the same way with strawberry cake!" She gestured toward the girl next to her and burst into laughter as the bluenette blushed and smiled.

"By the way, I'm Azure." The girl had blue hair and dyed red tips, the opposite colors of Vermillion's hair.

"Hey, Azure...do you have any relation to Vermillion Fernandes?" Brie politely asked.

Nashi and Azure's smiles disappeared they exchanged nervous looks until the bluenette spoke up, "We're sisters. Twins." She said simply.

"Oh..." Brie responded. This girl seemed so nice and shy and conserved--how could she be related to the she-devil, Veri?

Nashi picked up the conversation again, "So...Brie, what guild are you from?"

"Lamia Scale. I'm not a mage though, just my parents." Brie darted her eyes to Azure, almost expecting her to insult her guild, but she stayed quiet.

"Oh, so you don't have magic. Haven't you ever wanted to learn though?" Nashi questioned.

"Well, yeah. Actually, before I got taken from that dark guild I was planning to travel around Fiore, and maybe along the way I could meet a mage to help me learn magic." Brie confessed.