Chapter 17: Friends & Family

Greetings!

Hope you're ready, here come the new characters....in fact, above is a picture of Veri...;) ;) ;)

*****

Brie suddenly awoke with a face-full of flour and the sound of fading hysterical laughter, "Ugh, come on!" She sat up and started wiping the flour off her face with her sleeve. Minutes later, she heard footsteps rapidly approaching her down a hallway, "Hello?" Brie asked, with an hostile tone, in case her "attacker" approached her again.

"Hi, are you okay? I heard loud noises coming from in here." Brie saw a silhouette of a person, out of breath, hands on their knees. She guessed her visitor was female because of her figure and voice.

"Hello?" Brie said less hostile, and more welcoming, "Where's the light switch?"

"Oh, don't worry, I got it." the girl started again, Brie watched as her silhouette stumbled over bags, and made sure not to run into anything. Damn, it was dark, how could someone pull of throwing flour in her face in this darkness?

"Aaaaalmost got-" The mystery girl was cut off by her own yelp. She had tripped over something. Brie had to stifle a laugh as she just watched this girl struggle to get the light from the sidelines.

"Oww...." The girl complained as she got back on her feet, "Sorry it's taking me so long, it's just so dark! They should really put the switch closer to the entrance, ya know. Do you think they could actually do that? Like, remove the switch, and put it somewhere else? Or would they have to get a another new switch to put closer to the entrance and then remove the old one and then re-plaster the wall. Would it even be worth all that work? I mean, seriously though, this wouldn't have happened if this room weren't so cluttered. Why'd you put all your stuff against the wall? Just curious but it doesn't even matter, don't worry about it, it'll just take longer to turn the light on, that's all, no biggie."

Brie was speechless. Like, she literally could not speak, this girl was talking so much. It had been minutes in total darkness with few words except...that little speech the light switch girl just shared. Brie wondered more than ever who she was now.

After a few more failed attempts, the girl finally got the light on. Whiteness filled Brie's eyes, so she covered her face with her hands until her eyes adjusted. Blinking rapidly, Brie saw a heap of a girl lying on her face on the ground.

"Oh my-" Brie jumped out of bed and rushed to the girl's side. She looked a few years younger than Brie, and had long, thick, black hair, "Are you okay? You tripped again, huh?" Brie smiled worriedly as the girl groaned, pushing herself up.

"Oof," the little girl sat on her knees, groggily, but quickly shook it off and looked up, smiling at Brie. Wow, she had a lot of hair. Glowing red eyes stared up at Brie, and Brie couldn't help but smiling back. This actually girl looked a little bit like herself.

They both giggled a bit and then climbed back up to a proper standing position, "Hi, nice to meet you, lady!" The girl grinned and stuck her hand out.

Lightly laughing, Brie stuck her hand out, shook the little girl's and replied, "Nice to meet you too! I'm Brie, what do people call you?"

Giggling, the girl introduced herself, "People call me Aiko. Now do you wanna find the culprit to this flour bomb attack, or what? I already have a few suspects in mind..." She looked out into the hallway as she said this.

"Come on, it's like, one in the morning! Shouldn't you be in bed, Aiko-chan?" Brie played.

"Well, I should be, but I heard a noise and cane to help you, so now you owe me." Aiko crossed her arms and jutted her hip out, revealing a new sassy side to her.

"Oh, so you're gonna be like that, huh?" Brie shook her head and chuckled, "Well, I guess I have no other choice...since I owe you."

"That's right!" Aiko smiled ear to ear and grabbed onto Brie's wrist, pulling her along the hallway, looking under doors for lights on and other signs to indicate if anyone was still awake. With her great detective work, she also spotted a subtle trail of flour leading across the hall and into a room. They suddenly stopped. She muttered something Brie couldn't hear.

"What? Whose room is this?" Brie whispered.

Aiko turned her head to Brie and quietly responed, "Veri. It's Veri's room."

"Veri? Who is Veri?" Brie questioned.

"A prime suspect, that's who Veri is! I'll explain everything later. I just need to hear what they're saying..."

Suddenly, everything in the room went silent.

"It's quiet, now." Brie whispered. Her remark was followed by a loud voice coming from just inside the room, "You know, you couldn't be any louder, right....Aiko?" This femenine voice was surprisingly full and harmonius...yet had a lot of hostility.

"Run!" Aiko exclaimed, and suddenly, the two were being pursued by a teenage girl, probably around Brie's age with bright red hair, and navy blue tips.

The two unfortunately came to a dead end in the hall, and were forced to watch their impending doom approach them.

"Veri, please don't hurt us!" Aiko pleaded.

"Of course not, sweetie, why would I hurt you?!" Veri said, rather sarcastically.

Veri looked Aiko straight in the eye and said, "I won't hurt you this time, you little pest, but the next time you disturb me, I'll mess you up."

Aiko froze in fear.

"NOW SCRAM, YOU PATHETIC REPLACEMENT!!" Veri screamed.

Aiko ran off as fast as Brie had even seen a human being run in person. But now, it was her turn.

"You." Veri pointed at Brie, "Who are you?"

"I'm uh... I'm Brie. Lucy Dragneel rescued me from-" Veri cut Brie off.

"I get it, I get it, we all heard about it."Veri continued, "So what guild are ya from?"

"Uh.. Lamia Scale."

"HA!" Veri laughed hysterically, "More like LAME-ia Scale. Fiary Tail's so much better than that excuse for a guild." She laughed for a good minute then settled, "Well, I guess I'd better introduce myself too. My name is Vermillion, people call me Veri. That's
V-E-R-I, not the adjective, 'very.'" She chucked then continued, "My parents are Erza and Jellal Fernandes, if you were wondering."

Erza and Jellal?? Now way! They couldn't have raised a child this mean and inconsiderate!!

"Oh, wow, your parents are uh, very powerful mages." Brie complimented.

"Yup, and so am I." Vermillion winked.

After a few moments of silence, Veri tossed her red and blue hair over her shoulder and said her goodbyes, "Well, I'd better get back to my room...sorry about the flour thing, you're actually pretty cool." She started walking off but suddenly stopped and looked back, "Oh, and don't hang out with that Redfox pest anymore, kay?" She made it back to her room.

All the blood drained from Brie's face when she heard, "Redfox" Did Vermillion mean that Aiko was her sister? Brie couldn't understand this, she couldn't think! She ended up leaning against the dead end of the hallway, giving into her extreme exhaustion, and falling asleep.

*****
So how do you like Vermillion? *nervous laughter*

I'll explain everything soon, and I'll give you more characters, too! ;)

Please give feedback/suggestions!

Love you all!

-Emily/Brie