Prologue

The normal chatter of the guild hall surrounded an exhausted couple's newborn baby daughter. Practically the whole guild lined up to see the baby!

"Congrats you two!" Praised Cana as she handed the dark haired baby back to its mother. Gajeel and Levy exchanged joyful glances with enthusiastic thoughts of their daughter becoming a member of Fairy Tail and joining the community they'd always took part in. A baby girl! It was all still so unreal.

When the long line of guild mates wanting to see the Fairy Tail baby finally shortened, and soon vanished, things surprisingly settled down. That was until Natsu, Happy, Erza, Gray, and Lucy entered the guild hall. They had just returned from a quest and received a letter informing them about the baby girl.

Lucy's shrill scream echoed through the guild hall. "LEVY!" The young girl exclaimed as she bolted towards the family of three. It took a minute and a few glances from Levy and Gajeel for Lucy to realize what she'd done. "Oops...sorry I screamed so loud." She said laughing nervously. "I could've awoken the baby, couldn't I have?" She added.

"Oh, who cares! C'mere!" Levy smiled and waved Lucy in for a hug. "I missed you." The celestial wizard exclaimed. "I missed you too." Levy replied. Just as the two let go of their hug, Natsu and Happy caught up with Lucy to congratulate the new parents.

"Oh hey, Levy!" Natsu smiled wide and waved. "Hi Levy! Congratulations on your baby girl! We just couldn't wait to see her!" Happy babbled. "Hello, Natsu and Happy. Long time no see!" Levy greeted, also smiling, enjoying the pair's positive attitudes. Happy looked over to Levy expectingly, when she remembered they all must want to see the baby.

The new mother uncovered a light pink blanket embroidered with a soft yellow colored Fairy Tail guild logo on it from a stroller, revealing the baby.

Just in time, Erza and Gray came over to the little group gathered around the stroller. "Levy, Gajeel." Erza greeted. "Nice to see you, Erza. 'Sup Gray?" Gajeel said to the approaching wizards. "Congratulations on baby..." Gray paused, waiting for the newborn's name. "Gabriela." Levy chimed in, "Her name is Gabriela."

Lucy took in a sharp breath, "What an adorable name!!" "Good choice." Natsu agreed.

"Gabriela Redfox" Erza commented, looking down into the stroller at the baby girl. The new Redfox addition had a pale complexion with a few strands dark hair that was blue, like her mother's whenever light shone on it. She was small for one month old, but Porlyusica said it shouldn't affect her health later in life. She said that, of couse, after she pushed aside her hatred for the baby....and humankind.

"Isn't she just the most adorable thing?" Mirajane asked as she approached the huddle. "Aye!" Happy answered. The two parents smiled and found each other's hands. There was no other place they'd rather be, than with each other, and Gabriela. One big happy family.

Just then, the baby opened her eyes, revealing their stunning brown color which was almost identical to Levy's. "Awww!" The group exclaimed. Even Elfman, who had just recently joined them in their admiration. Natsu and Gray glanced over at Elfman due to that exclamation.

"What?" Elfman asked. He figeted around anxiously. "That was plenty manly." He whimpered.

Gabriela took in her surroundings. She saw the ceiling, and she saw people looking down upon her. She felt her mother's warm breath on her, and heard her father's soft chuckles at the situation that just happened.

"She's absolutely beautiful, you two. Absolutely gorgeous." Lucy complimented. Levy blushed, and Gajeel simply said thank you. There was no gratitude they could share with the couple to make them more happy with their daughter than they already were. Gajeel and Levy loved Gabriela more than anything. More than their own lives.

As the child stared up at her admirers, she suddenly heard a sharp, shrill noise that bothered her, made her ears hurt. Gabriela began to cry, increasingly bothered by the noise as it got louder. It wasn't until at least a minute after Gabriela heard it that the rest of the guild even noticed. The shrillness was extreme. The child's cry intensified.

Without warning, Erza began running to Gramps' office, "Makarov!" She cried out in a worried tone. "What's going on?" Mirajane asked, mirroring Erza's worried tone and expression. Gajeel was infuriated, "Something's up, Shrimp." He spoke to Levy. "I can tell." The woman replied as she looked all around the guild hall. Gajeel pounded his fist on the nearest table. "We were told it would be safe to bring the baby here today!" "Gajeel! Calm down! Anger won't solve this." Levy argued. The huddle that had gathered around the baby had quickly dispersed. After a short minute of thinking, Gajeel came up with the only fast solution he could think up.

Gajeel held on to Levy's hand tight. They looked each other in the eyes. "We need to leave." He whispered. The unexpected noise filled the room so loudly that Levy could barely hear Gajeel's voice. "And leave our friends here?!" Levy asked in a panicked tone. "What other choice do we have, Levy? This is for Gabriela." Levy shed a single tear, "You're right." She whispered. Gajeel surely couldn't hear her over the rapidly intensifying noise, and Gabriela's cry.

Panic spread across the guild hall person by person. It was chaos all around the couple and their baby. Gajeel grabbed Levy's free arm. The one that wasn't carrying the baby, and pulled her towards the guild's door. Gramps was ordering people to calm down, but the sound was so loud, you couldn't hear the screams of the wizards inside the building. It seemed as if the world slowed down as the family of three desperately staggered toward the exit. "For my family", Levy thought. The door was burst open by Gajeel as he sprinted out into the Magnolia streets still with Levy in his grasp. The sharp sound continued, even outside. The baby continued crying. The sound got so loud, it seemed as if their minds were being cut by a knife. Screams flooded the air. And that sound. It continued on and on and on......