Chapter 10: The DX

Y/n's pov:

We finally made it. After the scare with the Socs, Pony and I raced each other to the DX. I won, of course. I found out he was on the track team, but I got a head start.

"I win!" I yell, watching as Ponyboy dragged his feet towards the small gas station out of breath.

"No fair! You got a head start!" He picked up the pace and ran to me as we both giggled. Tackling me to the ground, we eventually started a tickle fight. Laughing and giggling caused us to become deaf to the rest of the world.

"Fancy seeing you guys here." We both looked up to see Dally standing over us with a smirk on his face. The rest of the gang came running outside.

"Pony? Y/n? What are you guys doin' here?" Darry asked, and Pony and I stood up quickly facing them. I could see Dally smirking, Two-Bit and Steve giggling, Darry and Johnny glaring, and Soda working. Pony and I stood there like fools. Covered in dirt. I finally spoke up.

"We.... we uh, came to meet you guys here! Pony was just showin' me 'round town!" Dally wasn't convinced.

"Mhm.... sure...." We both gave him a glare. Luckily, Johnny defended us.

"C'mon Dal, leave 'em alone will ya?" He turned his attention to me.

"Nice to see ya again Y/n. Feelin' any better?" At least Johnny cared.

"I'm doin' just fine. Thanks Johnny." He smiled and went behind Dally. Darry was still glaring at Pony, and I think he knew that I liked him. I just didn't want Pony to know that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole gang and I have been talking for hours. When Soda finally got off his shift, the guys went to the Curtis house. Ponyboy stayed behind and walked me home. We had some funny conversations on that short walk home.

"So Pony, what are some weird fetishes you have?" He looked at me in disbelief.

"Fetishes?"

"Yeah! What's something you're obsessed with?"

Pony's pov:

You.

Y/n's pov:

"Cigarettes?" What a stupid answer.

"Oh my god!" I say laughing.

"Well Y/n, do tell, what's your weird fetish?" You.

"Well, I've never really thought about it." He rolled his eyes. Our wacky conversation lasted until we made it back to my house.

"Well Ponyboy Whateveryourmiddlenameis Curtis, I thank you very much for our day today." I took a dramatic bow as he giggled.

"I thank you as well Y/n Whateveryourmiddlenameis Jones." He said, also mimicking my dramatic bow. It suddenly got quiet as we stared at each other.

"I'll see you around Pony." I was now talking barely above a whisper. He started to speak at the same volume.

"Definitely."