Chapter 13: Punishment

Ponyboy's pov:

That must have been her dad. Y/n came stumbling back into the house, holding her very red and swollen cheek. She looked at us, and ran to her room. Her dad came in shortly after her, and gave us all a scowl.

"I'm sorry she didn't say goodbye, she can be rude sometimes." All of us knew what had happened. He hit her. The son of a bitch hit her. Sodapop noticed that my whole face went red, and must've known that I was gonna kill 'em.

"Ponyboy....." He looked me dead in the eyes.

"Not now." He said barely above a whisper, and I got the memo.

"Boys," Y/n's father began.

"I think you should go." We started to file out of the house, me last. Soda had to pull me out of there, because of how pissed off I was.

Back at the Curtis House (still Ponyboy's pov):

"What do you think he did to her?" Johnny asked, with a sympathetic look on his face. He knew what having a shitty home life was like, so he was scared for Y/n. I don't blame him.

"Don't worry 'bout her kid. She'll be fine." Dally never cared much for people. Except for Johnny of course. Soda was yet again eyeing me. Sitting next to me was his next move.

"Don't worry about her, ok? She's strong." Tears were starting to cloud my vision.

"You know what he did to her, don't ya soda?" He looked at me.

"We all do Pony, we're just powerless to stop it. Try and keep your mind off of it ok?" I nod, knowing I'm not going to win here. I just hope Y/n is ok.

Y/n's pov (time skip back to earlier):

This isn't gonna end well.

"Who the hell are they!?!?" I flinched at my fathers booming voice. I felt so small next to him. There was nothing I could do but tell him what he wanted to hear.

"Friends. They're just friends dad. I'll make them leave if you want me to."

"Damn right you will!" I felt a stinging sensation on my face, and fell to the ground. I was in shock. My father was always drinking, sure, but he never laid a hand on me. He did shitty things to me, but never as intense as physically harming me. I could feel the bruise starting to form on my cheek, and all I could do was sit on the floor. Helpless.

"Get to your room. I'll deal with your little friends." I leapt up, and ran to my room as fast as I could without the boys questioning me. I was holding my cheek so they couldn't see that it was all swollen. I slammed my door and slid down it crying. Crying because I'm losing everything. Losing my sanity.