Chapter 11: Visit

Y/n's pov:

It's been a few days since I've seen the boys. Oddly enough, I miss them. Especially Ponyboy. It's amazing how you can know someone for such a short amount of time, but still have a connection with them. The good news is, my mom and I are getting closer! The bad news is, my dad is still a drunk. His job stresses him out, so, stress = drinking. Unfortunately.

"Y/n!" My mom was calling me. My new room kind of became my own space. I spend most of my time here, so when I have to leave, it sucks.

"Coming!" I jump out of bed and run into the family room to where she is.

"Hey! I'm going out with friends I made at the supermarket, and dads at work. Are you okay here alone?" I put on a smile.

"I'll be fine."

"Great! Bye!" She walked out the door and yelled at me.

"Love you!!" I chuckled under my breath. She really is trying. Scaring me out of "trance," the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Uh... h-hi Y/n."

"Ponyboy?"

"Yeah! What's up? How've ya been? The boys have been askin' about ya."

"I'm good! How're you guys?" This so far has been the most awkward phone conversation I've ever taken part in.

"We're fine...." I wanted to get to the point.

"You guys wanna come over? My mom is out and my dads at work. They shouldn't be home for a while."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep!"

"On our way!" He abruptly hung up, and I started running around, cleaning the house as best as I could. Beer in the trash, counters dusted, beds made. They weren't here yet, so I decided to do my "treatment." The doctor gave me this weird ass cream to put on my stitches every day. Just as I started, the doorbell rang. Damn it. I put my shirt back down, and went to answer the door. I opened it to meet Pony's bright smile, and all of the boys behind him.

"Hey! What's up?" he shrugged his shoulders shyly.

"Nothin much." Okk..... Dally, being himself, spoke up.

"Are you gonna let us in kid, or what?" I giggled.

"Of course guys, welcome to my dungeon." I gave them a smirk, and they walked in. Dally and Steve plopped their asses on the couch, as the rest of them just stood around. It was incredibly awkward.

"Make yourselves at home! Also, my dad has beer in the fridge." Two-bit perked up.

"You're my new best friend!" We all had a good laugh.