10 things i hate about you

It was a normal day (or as normal as it gets) at Hawkins Indiana. I was at my job with my best friend, Steve ' the hair ' Harrington. It's a Tuesday morning, I don't understand why we have to go to work right now because no one even comes i- I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the shop bells jingle.

As I look up I see the person I despise the most.

" NANCE ! " Steve shouts.

" Hey Steve! " Nancy says as she looks around. "Oh. Um.. Hi Robin.. " She says dryly.

I give her confused look. " Hi..? " I say wondering why the hell shes talking to me.

" So, uh anyway! " Nancy starts. " Steve, Mi- " Nancy gets cut off by a rushing Steve.

" Hey Robin, I have to go, is it okay if you take over for a bit? " Steve says as he gathers his things and hurry's to the door.

I look at him and give him a salute, " Off you go Soldier ", I say. Steve hurry's out the door.

" Uh.. " Nancy starts. " So I'm looking for a movie with lots of gore, you have anything like that ? " Nancy says.

I look up from what I'm doing and give her a why-the-hell-are-you-talking-to-me-we're-not-friends look. Then I get up remembering that I have to take over the shop, and hold my hatred in just this once.

I walk over to the horror movies and start to look around for a decent movie.

" Hey robin " Nancy says.

" What. " I answer dryly

" Why do you hate me so much " Nancy says.

I stand there. I stopped looking for a movie and don't say a word as I turn around.

" Do you wanna know? Really ?" I say.

" Yup. I feel like you don't have a good reason to hate me as much as you do. " She says staring me dead in the eyes.

" Fine. " I start. " First of all, you're a priss. You get everything you want. I've never heard anyone say no to you. "

" That's not tru- " Nancy starts, but gets cut off by me.

" Secondly, you think the world revolves around you. Also you're so popular. You never acknowledge anyone other than you're stupid little posey. It makes me so fucking mad. " I say.

Nancy just sits there. Eyes widened. She looks.. Sad..? I start to feel a little bad, but isn't she the one who asked?

" Look," I walk forward a little "Nancy I'm sor- " I get cut off.

" No it's fine. I guess I should expect nothing other than the truth from you. "

Her expression changed. Like.. She's not sad, but she's not mad. I'm confused as fuck right now.

We both get a little scared as we hear the bell open rapidly

" Guys! " Steve says running toward us. " The reason I went out was because... " He pulls out drinks, snacks, and board games. I'm even more confused than I was earlier. " Because I think we should have a sleepover! We can do it at my house, because I feel like there's some tension between you two that needs to be poofed away ! " he says with a bright smile on his face.

Me and Nancy look at eachother in shock.

a/n: okay so, this is my first story, and if you see anything in here that you think I should work on please say something, because it'll really help! also sorry for the cliffhanger, but i will be updating soon bc im invested in my own story, so you won't have to wait long :).