Chapter 15: The Airport

So, after days of grovelling, days of having to fight monsters and days of feelings becoming known me and Percy finally created some closure.

It was on the airport, at the baggage check that I finally realised..

"Ava?" I turned, frowning but at the sight of Percy, with his black hair and mesmerising green eyes the frown suddenly faded from upon my face. But I still wasn't smiling.

"Yes?" I questioned, my face still blank. He fiddled with his thumbs, and looked down towards the floor in such a way that suggested he was nervous, "Why are you nervous, turd?"

Percy stifled a short laugh, and placed his small bag in the luggage chute. He looked towards me, biggest smile on his face. He looked really cute, no. No, he didn't. I shook off the thoughts and he said, "I wanna ask you something."

"What is it, shit for brains?" I played back, but I knew he was genuinely nervous. I began, "S-"

"Be my girlfriend?" He fiddled with his thumbs still and then added, "Please?"

I looked to the floor, then back up, then back to the floor. I scanned around me, awkwardly and reached for the back of my head, and scratched. That was my way of releasing nerves. I just spat out, "Maybe."

He looked uneasily and held out his hands, "That was stupid."

"It wasn't, Percy. It wasn't." I retorted, and just looked around still. I couldn't bare to make eye contact with him. My stomach was flipping inside out, like it was doing backflips.

"Then what?" He just furrowed his eyebrows and I finally found the courage to look in his meadow green eyes.

"Yes." I just gave in, and then mentally kicked myself right after. But somehow, I felt better for just saying yes. I couldn't hide this anymore.

If I tell you guys, you better promise not to tell anyone. I love Percy.

His eyes lit up, and he looked even more cute than before. Cute? No, I mean disgusting. It was no use, I liked him. Like, I really liked him.

So, practically. I was now going out with Percy Jackson.

The flight was kinda awkward, we just sat and talked about stuff. And by stuff I mean we just talked about the quest.

Flying to Paris, major bore. I mean, Grover just slept peacefully. We were all exhausted and Ryan just kept chatting. He didn't know, I wouldn't tell him, I couldn't. He'd be devastated. I'd see his face, his expression slowly fading. He's done it before.

Then, my eyes widened in awe from the sight out of my window. It was all fields, and then there was just the most beautiful buildings. I anticipated it would be pretty, considering it's the city of love.

The city of love, that creeped me out. It was just the word 'love'.

We reached our destination, the airport. And I collected my luggage and stood at an ATM, I stabbed the numbers with my fingers and chose the option 'Drachma' and cashed out 50 Drachmas.

Then, when I slid my money in to my purse I met with the eyes of evil.

"Hey Ava, you remember me?"