Chapter 14: Backtrack

AUTHORS NOTE: it was the most hardest decision i have had to make, and as one of my most successful story with 15k reads i feel compelled to write another part. when i wrote the first chapter i had expected nothing more than 20 reads. and you guys loved it and wanted more and more and more. i couldn't keep up and it proved to be very daunting - i had even considered deleting the story because of the stress. but i didn't because i feel like it would hurt more people me deleting it then me only updating once every three months. i have decided that 22 chapters is more than enough to end the story of percy, ava, ryan, grover and cormac. there will be a death... and no customized characters will be added to the story as i find it terribly hard to keep up with 5.

After the awkward, grovelling hours of riding on the chariot. Landing safely, I tied the pegasus up, tying it's rein around a pole. I rubbed it's nose, giving a comfortable, warming smile as I whispered, "I'll be back for you."

Then, I walked off, becoming further apart from the pegasus. This was supposedly where the gang was meant to be. But honestly, I'd rather not be in the gang, as hanging around Percy is proving to be hard, real hard.

I did not walk beside him, but instead walked in a single file line. I felt tense, my muscles tightening, I felt suffocated with Percy walking behind me. I couldn't face the fact that I was maybe, just maybe, falling in love with him. But, that wasn't good enough now. We had backtracked on our quest, we still had the fields of flowers to pass, before we actually reached the airport. It seemed like a stupid journey, just for Manhattan airport.

Suddenly, I heard some sort of squeal, and I turned around, darting my head back, I scanned around. My eyes widening at the sight of furocious monsters, with a terrifying face, talons and squealing their lungs out. "Furies." I whispered, somewhat harshly.

"Furies." Percy said in reassurance, giving a feared look back to me.

I gulped nervously, the creatures edging towards us with every living second. Then an idea popped in my head, and I quickly called out, "Riptide." Which was the name of Percy's precious weapon, gifted to him by his father, Poseidon, God of The Sea.

He took out a pen from his pocket, clicking on the top to reveal a long, thin blade. I wish I had a sword like that, It'd be great to train with, and I'm sure I'd use it for good, but I don't really think my mother would give me one, she'd rather me get makeup, but honestly I would dispute with that.

Honestly, if my father were a God, I think that he'd be the one to give me a sword. Speaking about family, I wonder where Colette is now, she's probably a A level student, with good grades. Oh how I'd swap my life for hers, just to be clever, and to be adored by my father, and my teachers. Honestly, I think the teachers at Camp Half Blood despise me. Like Mr. D, he doesn't like me because of my encounter with Percy, but I swear it was just an accident, nothing more, nothing less. And Chiron doesn't really approach me.

But, that wasn't the subject, and the furies were edging closer and closer and closer towards us, until they were up in our face. Their talons tried to rip at my skin, but I skillfully dodged their aims, luckily. I would have most probably died if they had proceeded and ripped at my skin. Usually, my skin would have gone purple, but as their talons are as sharp as a razor, that would probably tear through my skin, which would probably harm my skin in many ways possible. Actually, not probably, most definitely.

I decided to croak out, "Percy! Just do it." My voice shook, so did every other part of my body. Feelings had suddenly started to make me weak. I closed in, and as soon as I felt a falling sensation, Percy had sliced right through the furies, and a deth defying shriek passed through their lips.

Percy had looked at me in a certain way then which to my surprise made me perk up, a sort of signal. I don't know, maybe it was just the fact that furies scare the shit out of me - with the fact they have come from the burning pits of Hell.... Nah, it was definitely the talons.

In the distance bounded a galloping figure, running towards us with great speed, it possessed the same features as Ryan and when the figure had came closer I found that my assumption was infact right. His hair curtained down like icicles, a tuft of hair pointing astray. He was biting down roughly on his tongue, "Cormac... has gone with the key!"

"What?!" I honestly felt like smacking myself, he seemed awfully off when I first met him. With that fake personality anyone could be fooled. A great smile, great hair and that accent. And he was a son of Dionysus, God of wine. Who knows what he could have done with that key?!

"You backtracked Ava." He said, breathlessly, he pulled his face in to a bitter frown, "You have disbanded most of our group. I haven't a clue where Grover is!"

"Shut up, Ryan. We have just fought off furies and all you give a rats ass about is being backtracked!" Percy said, his voice raising as he also let a frown appear on his face.

I looked towards them, my face showing annoyance as I blurted out, "Be quiet the lot of you!"

I had no clue where Grover was, so before we found the heart... We had to find him.

Short chapter sorry guys, read my fanfic PSYCHO too